Do you have Jio internet in your home or office? Are you looking to do a Jio WiFi password change? If yes, then this article will show you how to do it. Jio is, by far, the biggest ISP in India. Currently, it has over 370 million subscribers on it’s network. If you are one of these people, you may be looking for information on how to change Jio fiber WiFi password. Note that you can either do it via the MyJio App or through the Jio website. We show you both methods below;
How to Change Jio Fiber WiFi Password via the Jio Website
To change the Jio Fiber WiFi password via the Jio website, you need to take the following steps;
- Open the Jio website on your computer.
- Go to Sign in on the menu.
- Next, you need to select JioFiber.
- You will now need to sign in using either your registered Jio mobile number or your Service ID.
- Click on Generate OTP.
- A onetime password will now be send to your phone. Enter that code.
- From there, you need to click on Settings.
- Next, click on My Device.
- After that, click on ONT and then on Advanced Settings.
- Click on the name of the WiFi network for which you wish to make a password change. Here, you can change both the WiFi name and the password.
- Click on Save when done.
How to change Jio Gigafiber WiFi Password using the MyJio App
You can also do a Jio WiFi password change using the MyJio app on your phone. This is actually very convenient. The following are the Jio WiFi change password steps for when doing it via the mobile app;
- Open the MyJio App on your phone and log into the app.
- Next, you need to choose JioFiber Account.
- Choose Settings from the Menu on the top left of your screen.
- From there, you need to go to Device Settings.
- Next, choose My Device.
- After a few seconds, your JioFiber Router details will appear.
- Next, you need to go to Advanced Settings. This is on the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Now you need to go to both the 2.4 and 5GHz sections to change the WiFi password. You can also change the WiFi name here.
- Save your changes when done.
Jio Fiber WiFi Password Changing Tips
Generally speaking, that’s how to change Jio Fiber WiFi password. There are a number of things that we need to take note of, however. First of all, Jio is a bit unique when it comes to changing WiFi passwords. Usually, this is done via the router, and not online. We have previously written on how to change WiFi password PLDT in Pakistan and how to change WiFi password TelOne in Zimbabwe.
You will notice that WiFi passwords in both instances are changed by getting into the router’s settings page using the default I.P, username and password. This information is usually printed on the router. So, you can usually change your WiFi password without even an internet connection. However, you can see in this article on how to change jio fiber wifi password that things are a bit different. You get much more security since you can only change your password using you Jio registration credentials. They even send you an OTP to verify that it’s truly you!
You need to choose a strong password
Most people take their WiFi passwords for granted. However, this opens you up to loss in a variety of ways. You can lose your data, as we will see later. You can also lose in terms of your personal information being stolen. Again, this is something that we will see later in this article. Anyway, what we want to say here is that you should have a secure password. It doesn’t do to replace your Jio Fiber WiFi password with a weak one. The following are some WiFi password tips that you need to take;
- Consider hiding your Jio WiFi network. That way, no one will know that it’s there.
- Your password should be at least 10 characters long. That may seem a bit too long, but generally speaking, having long passwords makes it harder for people to break into your network.
- Mix upper with lower cases in your WiFi password.
- Don’t use common names as your password. Most people use their children’s names and birthdays as their WiFi passwords. That’s quite easy to break.
- Also throw in a special character or 2. That way, no one will be able to guess what you password is.
Jio WiFi router password change: Why bother?
So, why should you bother making a password change on your Jio router? When you get your Jio system, you get a default username and password. Aren’t those good enough? Why go through the trouble of learning how to get a new Jio fiber wifi password? Well, there are a couple of reasons why you may wish to periodically change Jio fiber wifi password;
Change Jio Fiber WiFi password to protect yourself from hackers
The first reason for learning how to change jio gigafiber wifi password has to do with hackers and other people with malicious intends. Hackers are always on the hunt for unsecured networks. They are also always on the hunt for networks that are poorly secured. That’s the major reason for periodically changing your Jio router’s WiFi password. You want to make sure that hackers are kept out. That way, they won’t be able to steal your important details, such as your banking details.
You also do it to guard against your neighbors
This is actually a funny reason, but it’s important, nevertheless. If you carry out a search on Google today, you will realize that there are thousands of people daily who are looking for information on how to hack into their neighbors’ WiFi networks. These people are different from hackers. They just want to use your WiFi to download the latest road rage videos on YouTube.
Most of the time, people actually give away their WiFi passwords to neighbors and friends. In turn, these neighbors spread the goodwill around the neighborhood. Before you know it, your network will be swamped and slow. Or you will be running out of data in hours. Anyway, should this happen to you, you will know that it’s now time to change your Jio WiFi password.