I recently stumbled upon a situation where I needed to reset the password on my TelOne ADSL WiFi router. As a result, I decided to write this article. I had noticed, while trying to find a solution online, that the question has actually been asked tens of time. However, the answers that are out there are not always clear. Continue reading this article if you need to change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router.
How to change the WiFi Password on a TP-Link Router
So, how do you change your password on TelOne WiFi? I have a TP-Link WiFi router and, although there are some articles out there that claim to have the answer to how one goes around changing the password on a WiFi router, none actually gave me the answer that I was looking for. I suppose its a matter of there being differences in firmware, even with routers from the same manufacturer. So, how do you change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router?
- Type the IP Address: 192.168.1.1 into your browser and press the “enter” key on your keyboard
- You will be taken to a page where you are asked to input your username and password
- The default keyword and password are both “admin”
- Press Login and you will now have access to your router’s settings
- Next, click on Interface Setup
- On the page that appears, click on the Wireless option.
- This takes you to the page where you can go about changing you WiFi password.
- On the page, scroll down to WPS Settings
- Under Authentication Type, choose WPA2-PSK
- Immediately under that, you will see Encryption and then Pre-Shared Key
- This is where you enter your desired password. The password must have at least 8 characters
- After typing in your password, scroll down to the bottom of your page and click on the Save button
That’s basically how to change TelOne WiFi password. Now that you know how to do it, changing your password is one good way of keeping out all those snooping neighbors who, one way or the other, may have gotten hold of your password. It’s also generally advisable to change one’s WiFi password on a regular basis. That way, you can be sure that you are keeping yourself protected. The internet is a useful place, and you probably use your computer for banking and other important things. So, you need to make sure that you are not exposed to the activities of criminal elements who prowl across the internet. And one way of ensuring your safety is by learning how to change your TelOne WiFi password.
Changing the administrative password on a TelOne, TP Link WiFi Router
The above steps describe how you can change the WiFi password on a TelOne WiFi router. But, what if you want to change the administrative password on the router itself. If you read step number 3 in the above instructions, you will notice that we mention that both the username and the password on the TP-Link router that you get from TelOne are “admin.” This is the part that we are going to change in this section. In order to change the admin password on a TP-Link router, all that you need to do is the following;
- Type the IP Address: 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Press the “enter” key on your keyboard
- You will be taken to a login page
- Use “admin” for both the default keyword and password.
- Clicking on “Login takes you to the router settings page.
- Click on the “Maintenance” tab.
- This opens up a window where you can change the password on your TelOne TP-Link router from the default “admin”.
- Type in and confirm the new password, and you should be good to go.
Why change your WiFi Password
I have already mentioned that you need to periodically change the WiFi password on your TelOne router. But why should you bother doing it? The following are some of the reason for changing your TP Link router password;
- Perhaps your password has been compromised. Maybe you gave it to your neighbor at one point out of the goodness of your heart but now feel that you should get back control of your bandwidth.
- As already mentioned, it’s good practice to change passwords on a regular basis. That way, you can be sure that nobody is going to break them and steal your important data.
- Perhaps you feel that the password that you have is weak and you are looking to set a stronger one in order to boost your protection.
How to change WiFi Password TelOne: Conclusion
Well folk, that’s how you can change the WiFi Password on a TP-Link router. Remember, though, to make sure that all your password are strong. Otherwise your neighbors will think that Christmas has come early…. If you need to learn more TelOne’s ADSL and how it has been performing in recent days, feel free to read this article.
Looking for ways of making money online? Why not read our articles on blogging and freelancing to find out more about making a living over the internet?
17 thoughts on “How to change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router”
192.168.1.1 is refusing to open
Its working on mine. Do you have the T.P Link router? You actually need to be connected in order to change the password.
I recently reset my router now i don’t have access to my Wi-Fi
Hey there. Best if you get in touch with TelOne on 0718 700 950. They will give you proper instructions. You can also get in touch with them using the chat section of their website. There is always someone there on standby to answer questions. But it shouldn’t be a big problem.
thank you very much
i am using Huwai modem.How can i change my password
Hey there. Thanks for reaching out. Please get hold of TelOne on WhatsApp number 0718 700 950. They are always online so they will easily help you. You can also get help using the chat section on their website.
I have a tp-link mordem and the 192.168.1.154 is refusing to connect, i think i mistakenly pressed the reset button on the mordem so now it needs me to set up a new password but i can’t connect to the site according to your steps…wat do i do?
Hey there. Try 192.168.1.1
Hi I tried following those steps using the username and password admin but im failing to log in, i have contacted Telone but they do not respond, what do i do?
Hey. Tell me what you router is. I mean the type. The instructions are for TP link. Telone is usually very responsive. So if they are not, it may be because of the COVID 19 situation. Admin is almost always the default login for WIFi routers of any type. Anyway, tell me what you have so I can do some research.
I’m commenting from Byo. Good stuff. Your method works like charm. Thanks. I gave someone my password thinking they’ll keep it to themselves but to my surprise I saw the entire neighborhood lurking around my gate. I knew they were hotspotting. I didn’t like it and had to change the password.
Hi there recently changed wifi password but the router isn’t connecting to internet.
What can i do to make it connect?
Did you reset the router at some point? If yes, then you need to get in touch with TelOne to get the correct settings. I don’t think changing the WiFi password has any effect on internet. Check if you still have data. Otherwise get in touch with TelOne. They are a tad slow these days in responding to faults, but that’s probably due to Covid
Send me T.p-link router
Hi i recently reset my telone router huawei HG8245H username admin and password admin fails to login. Which username and password should I use to setup my account and change wifi password
Hi. Check on the router label for the correct login details. That’s usually underneath the device. But first, try root for the username and admin for the password