I recently stumbled upon a situation where I needed to reset the password on my TelOne ADSL WiFi router. As a result, I decided to write this article. I had noticed, while trying to find a solution online, that the question has actually been asked tens of time. However, the answers that are out there are not always clear. Continue reading this article if you need to change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router.
How to change the WiFi Password on a TP-Link Router
So, how do you change your password on TelOne WiFi? I have a TP-Link WiFi router and, although there are some articles out there that claim to have the answer to how one goes around changing the password on a WiFi router, none actually gave me the answer that I was looking for. I suppose its a matter of there being differences in firmware, even with routers from the same manufacturer. So, how do you change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router?
- Type the IP Address: 192.168.1.1 into your browser and press the “enter” key on your keyboard
- You will be taken to a page where you are asked to input your username and password
- The default keyword and password are both “admin”
- Press Login and you will now have access to your router’s settings
- Next, click on Interface Setup
- On the page that appears, click on the Wireless option.
- This takes you to the page where you can go about changing you WiFi password.
- On the page, scroll down to WPS Settings
- Under Authentication Type, choose WPA2-PSK
- Immediately under that, you will see Encryption and then Pre-Shared Key
- This is where you enter your desired password. The password must have at least 8 characters
- After typing in your password, scroll down to the bottom of your page and click on the Save button
That’s basically how to change TelOne WiFi password. Now that you know how to do it, changing your password is one good way of keeping out all those snooping neighbors who, one way or the other, may have gotten hold of your password. It’s also generally advisable to change one’s WiFi password on a regular basis. That way, you can be sure that you are keeping yourself protected. The internet is a useful place, and you probably use your computer for banking and other important things. So, you need to make sure that you are not exposed to the activities of criminal elements who prowl across the internet. And one way of ensuring your safety is by learning how to change your TelOne WiFi password.
Changing the administrative password on a TelOne, TP Link WiFi Router
The above steps describe how you can change the WiFi password on a TelOne WiFi router. But, what if you want to change the administrative password on the router itself. If you read step number 3 in the above instructions, you will notice that we mention that both the username and the password on the TP-Link router that you get from TelOne are “admin.” This is the part that we are going to change in this section. In order to change the admin password on a TP-Link router, all that you need to do is the following;
- Type the IP Address: 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Press the “enter” key on your keyboard
- You will be taken to a login page
- Use “admin” for both the default keyword and password.
- Clicking on “Login takes you to the router settings page.
- Click on the “Maintenance” tab.
- This opens up a window where you can change the password on your TelOne TP-Link router from the default “admin”.
- Type in and confirm the new password, and you should be good to go.
Why change your WiFi Password
I have already mentioned that you need to periodically change the WiFi password on your TelOne router. But why should you bother doing it? The following are some of the reason for changing your TP Link router password;
- Perhaps your password has been compromised. Maybe you gave it to your neighbor at one point out of the goodness of your heart but now feel that you should get back control of your bandwidth.
- As already mentioned, it’s good practice to change passwords on a regular basis. That way, you can be sure that nobody is going to break them and steal your important data.
- Perhaps you feel that the password that you have is weak and you are looking to set a stronger one in order to boost your protection.
How to change WiFi Password TelOne: Conclusion
Well folk, that’s how you can change the WiFi Password on a TP-Link router. Remember, though, to make sure that all your password are strong. Otherwise your neighbors will think that Christmas has come early…. If you need to learn more TelOne’s ADSL and how it has been performing in recent days, feel free to read this article.