This is something of an interesting scenario, and I know, if you are a hard core Telecel user, you may feel like you are betraying your network. But is it possible to buy Telecel airtime via ECOCASH? And if yes, how do you go about doing it. Telecel has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons. Apparently workers there are worried that the company will soon shut down due to mismanagement. I wouldn’t know anything about that. However, I used to be a Telecel users for years. That was until I defected to Econet. So, how do you buy Telecel airtime using ECOCASH?
Buying Telecel Airtime via Ecocash
In order to
buy Telecel airtime using Ecocash, you need to take the following steps;
- Go to the paynowtopup page. (paynowtopup)
- Click on “Airtime.”
- Click on “Telecel.”
- Choose the amount that you wish to buy.
- Click on “Proceed to checkout.”
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your mobile number. This doesn’t have to be the number that you wish to topup.
- Scroll down and click on “Pay on ECOCASH or 1MONEY.
- Enter your ECOCASH number
- Click on Pay. You will receive a message on your mobile phone asking you to confirm payment by inputting your PIN.
- You will now get your Telecel airtime.
At the time of writing this article, there were only $1 and $5 vouchers for Telecel. So, if you wish to buy more airtime, you are going to have to choose multiple quantities of these vouchers. That’s really no problem. Anyway, hope Telecel pulls up its socks. Does the company even have a mobile money offering? If so, I am yet to hear about it. As things stand, only the most loyal of customers will remain before this saga ends.
You can also buy ZESA using Ecocash. Follow the provided link to find out how it’s done.