ECOCASH, the mobile money offering from Econet, has proven to be a life saver for Zimbabwe. Today, instead of going to Wayne Street to buy ZESA, it is possible to do so via ECOCASH. What many people are not aware of is that there are actually 2 ways of buying ZESA using ECOCASH. So, what are these ways and how do you use them? Well, you can either buy ZESA directly from ECOCASH or you can buy ZESA online.
How to Buy ZESA using ECOCASH
This, by far, is the easiest way of buying ZESA via ECOCASH. If you are looking to buy zesa online using ECOCASH, all that you need to do is the following;
- Dial *151#
- Enter your ECOCASH PIN
- Choose “Make a Payment.”
- Scroll down and choose “Regular Payments.”
- Choose “Pay ZESA.”
- Choose “Buy Token.”
- Enter amount
- Enter your meter number.
- Confirm payment
- You will receive your ZESA token on your mobile phone.
Buy ZESA Online Tokens
This is the second option for buying ZESA using ECOCASH. Instead of buying ZESA directly from using either Ecocash or your bank’s USSD, you can get your Zesa tokens online from the Pay Now website. To buy ZESA online, all that you need to do is the following;
- Go to the paynow website. This is where you will be able to buy your ZESA tokens.
- On the paynow website, click on “Utility Bills.”
- Next, click on “ZESA Prepaid.”
- Enter your ZESA meter number
- Enter the amount that you wish to buy. You will be shown the number of kWh that the amount will buy
- Enter your email address
- Enter your phone number. This is where your voucher will be send.
- Click on Check My Account. Details of your account will now appear.
- Click on “Pay on ECOCASH or 1MONEY.”
- Type in your ECOCASH number.
- Click on “Pay.”
- On your ECOCASH mobile phone, confirm payment by inputting your ECOCASH PIN.
- You will now receive your ZESA token.
Of these methods of buying ZESA using online or using Ecocash, the first one of the least difficult. That’s because you are doing it directly from the ECOCASH menu. However, should you have problems buying your ZESA token using this method, you can rest assured knowing that there is a fallback option.
That’s it! That’s how you pay ZESA online. One of the above methods should enable you to buy ZESA prepaid electricity online. As you can see, it’s easy to get ZESA prepaid online. You can further simplify the process by installing the paynow app on your phone. That way, you will have quicker access to it’s many functionalities. With Pay Now, you don’t just top up ZESA. the platform allows you to buy NetOne data and airtime, buy TelOne ADSL, pay your MSU fees and many other functionalities.
How to recharge ZESA prepaid meter
Once, you have purchased your ZETDC token online, how do you recharge your ZESA meter? Well, the process of recharging your ZESA prepaid meter token is very similar to the way that you recharge your mobile phone. All that you need to is enter your ZESA prepaid meter codes into your meter. When done, press the enter button and the purchased amount will be credited to your ZESA meter.