Econet remains the company to beat when it comes to mobile penetration in Zimbabwe. It’s not surprising, therefore, that it’s ECOCASH offering is, by far, the most used mobile money transfer system in Zimbabwe today. Indeed, so popular is the offering that people on other networks are constantly on the hunt for ways in which they can buy their own airtime using ECOCASH. So, how do you buy NetOne Airtime using ECOCASH?
Short Code to Buy NetOne Airtime Using Ecocash
Update 2021: You can now easily buy NetOne airtime using Ecocash by dialing the ClicknPay USSD short code *788#. That’s the short code to buy NetOne airtime using Ecocash. Follow the prompts. The advantage of this method is that you don’t have to be connected to the internet. You can do it from any phone, even a feature phone (kambudzi).
How to Recharge NetOne Using ECOCASH
In order to topup NetOne airtime using ECOCASH, you need to take the following steps;
- Go to the paynowtopup website.
- Click on the “Airtime,” button.
- Next, you need to click on the “Netone Easycall,” button.
- Choose the denominations and quantities of airtime that you would like to buy.
- Click on “Proceed to checkout.”
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your mobile phone. This doesn’t have to be your Netone mobile number.
- Click on Pay on ECOCASH or 1MONEY.
- Enter your ECOCASH mobile number.
- Click on Pay
- You will receive a prompt on your mobile phone asking you confirm payment to the online merchant.
- Use your ECOCASH PIN to confirm payment.
Receiving your NetOne voucher
That’s it. Now you will receive your voucher on the mobile phone that you gave at point number 7. So, if you are buying the airtime for someone else, you can enter their number when you reach that step. That way they will be able to receive their airtime voucher directly. Now, many people wish to buy NetOne bundles using ECOCASH. Unfortunately, this is not something that you are going to be able to do directly. What you need to do if this is what you are looking for is buy NetOne airtime using the method that was given at the top. After you have topped up your phone, you can then buy NetOne data bundles using the*171# option.