DSTV Now is easy to get addicted to. Instead of being stuck in your living room when it comes to television, DSTV Now gives your the freedom to watch all your favorite movies and programs on the go. With DSTV Now, you can enjoy your shows using your laptop or on your desktop. You can also stream live TV on your mobile phone or on your tablet. But sometimes, you may find that your DSTV Now is not showing channels? What could be the cause and what do you do then?
What to do if there are no shows on your DSTV Now
If you find that your DSTV Now is not showing channels, either on a desktop computer or on a mobile device, the following are the steps to take to resolve the issue;
- First, ensure that the email address/cell number on Connect is the same email address/Cell number that you are trying to use to sign into DSTV Now.
- Next, check to see if you are having problems on only one or on multiple devices. If you were using DSTV Now on a computer, as an example, you can try to log in using Android to see if you will encounter the same issues.
- Another possible solution is to log out and in of DSTV now. This works for both the app and for the browser. That’s the solution that usually works for most people.
- You can also clear the cache on your browser. Below are the steps to clear cache on Chrome.
- Yet another solution to the DSTV Now not showing all channels issue is to try to log in using another browser. Here is an article on the best browser for DSTV Now.
- If you are accessing DSTV Now on a mobile device, you can also try to solve this issue by uninstalling the DSTV Now app from your device. Redownload the app and sign in one more time. That’s another good solution to the DSTV Now not showing channels issue.
- If everything that we have mentioned here fails to work, you will have to reach out to DSTV to get help. If you are in South Africa, check them out on Twitter. For Zimbabwe, here is their Twitter page. They are usually very responsive on this platform.
Why are your DSTV Now channels not showing?
There are a number of possible reasons why your DSTV Now channels are not showing. Is your DSTV account paid up? If not, this could be the reason why your DSTV Now has no shows. You only get channels if you have paid up your account. The moment you stop, you will lose your channels.
Have you linked your DSTV Account to DSTV Now? Most people make the mistake of thinking they will automatically get DSTV shows the moment they create DSTV accounts. However, that is not the case. You actually need to link your DSTV Account to DSTV Now in order for your channels to show.
How to clear the cache on a Chrome Browser
We noted that one of the possible solutions to the DSTV Now not showing channels issue is to clear the cache on your browser. Most people use Chrome as their browser. The following is how to clear the cache on your browser;
- To the top right or your Chrome browser, click on the three dots (the kebab menu).
- Next, hover your cursor on More tools.
- Next, click on Clear browsing data.
- Choose All time under Time range.
- Next, click on Clear data.
- Now log into DSTV Now one more time.
Is your account paid up?
This may seem obvious, but , you will also need to make sure that your account is paid up. If you are sure that you have settled your monthly subscription, you also need to make sure that your have linked your DSTV to DSTV Now. That’s the only way that you are going to get anything other than the weather channel. These are the only two reasons why you would have DSTV Now channels not available.