Do you need to do an Airtel WiFi password change? If yes, then we will show you how it’s done in this article. Bharti Airtel Limited, is one of the biggest companies in the telecommunications sector in India. In fact, the company’s reach spans the whole of Asia and other parts of the world. So, this is a big company with lots of customers. If you are one of them, then you may be looking for information on how to change the password for your Airtel router. In this article, we will cover the products that are listed below. Click on a link to go to the appropriate section;
How to Change WiFi Password Airtel Broadband Customers
If you are an Airtel Broadband customer, the following is how to change the WiFi password on your router;
- To get started, connect your WiFi to the Airtel WiFi network whose password you wish to change.
- Next, open any browser on your PC and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar before pressing enter.
- You will now be taken to your Airtel router’s admin login interface. Here, you should log in using the default username and password.
- The default username for an Airtel WiFi router is usually admin.
- The default password is usually also admin. However, please note that there may be differences. Check on the sticker on your router to find the correct login details.
- In your router’s admin area, go to Wireless Network.
- Next, go to Security Settings. This is where you can do your Airtel WiFi password change.
- Save changes when done.
- You will now need to reconnect all your WiFi devices to your Airtel network using the new password.
How to do an Airtel WiFi Password Change on a 4G Hotspot Device
If you have the Airtel 4G Hotspot device, the following is how to change your WiFi password;
- Turn on your 4G Hotspot Device and make sure that you computer is connected to its WiFi.
- Next, you need to open a browser on your computer.
- In the address bar, type in 126.96.36.199 and press enter.
- Now you will be taken to the login page for your 4G Hotspot Device’s admin area.
- Click on Settings and you will be asked to enter the default username and password.
- The default username and password for the Airtel Hotspot Device are both admin.
- Once you are logged into the admin console, click on Settings one more time.
- Next, click on WLAN.
- From there, you need to click on WLAN Basic Settings.
- Go to the WPA Pre-shared key section and you will see your current password. Remove that and type in your new password.
- When done, click on Apply.
- All your devices will now be disconnected from the network. You will now need to reconnect them to your WiFi using the new password.
Important Tips for Changing WiFi Password Airtel
Remember what we said about Airtel being one of the largest companies in the telecommunications sector in India? Well, fact of the matter is, the company uses a wide range of devices to bring internet to homes and businesses. That’s only to be expected, considering that it has millions of customers. One of the challenges that you will encounter is that you may have a router or modem that is slightly different to the ones that we were using for this article.
There are thousands of router manufacturers out there. We have previously written an article on how to do a WiFi password change on a DLink router. We have also written articles on how to change the WiFi password for Rogers in Canada. We even have another article sur comment changer mot de passe WiFi SFR. That’s for SFR in France. One thing that you will notice from all these articles is that the steps for changing WiFi passwords are not that dissimilar.
However, there tend to be slight differences that can end up confusing some people. Truth of the matter is, if you know how to change the password on one modem, you won’t have any issues doing it on any others. That is why we have produced this section. We want to teach you not only how to do an Airtel WiFi password change, but also how to change the password on any other router that can be found out there.
What does it take to change Airtel WiFi Password?
First, we are going to give you the basics. What do you need to know as part of the process of learning how to change WiFi password Airtel? What is it that you need in order to go through with the process? Well, to do a WiFi password change on ANY router, you need to have the following;
- You need to know the default I.P Address.
- You also need to have the default username.
- The last thing that you need to have is the default password.
Where can you get this information?
Once you have this information, you should be able to navigate your way in your router’s admin dashboard to the place where you can change the WiFi password. But where do you get this essential information? Well, the good news is that you don’t have to spend hours Googling in order to find the default I.P, username and password for your router.
The information is right there before you. You can find it on a sticker on the device. This is usually underneath your router. If it’s not there, check at the back of the router. If nobody has removed it, then this information should be there. With it, you should be able to log into your router’s admin console.
If you have forgotten your admin password, you can reset your router
Here is another bit of useful information for those learning how to change wifi password Airtel; forgetting the admin password is no calamity. Remember we mentioned that for most Airtel routers, the password to get into your router’s Settings page is admin. What sometimes happens is that people change this password. After that, they forget what their new passwords are.
The admin password is very easy to forget because you don’t use it that often. Anyway, if you have forgotten yours, you can do a pinhole reset for your router. To accomplish this task, turn around your router and press on the pinhole button that’s at the back. You may need to have something a little sharp to do this job. Keep pressing on this button for at least 15 seconds. Sometimes, you will see your router flashing to indicate that it has been reset.
Get your router’s I.P via Command Prompt
Another useful bit of information for those looking to do an Airtel WiFi password change is that they can find their routers’ default I.P addresses via command prompt. But how does it work? Well, all that you need to do is open command prompt on your computer. Make sure that your computer is connected to the Airtel WiFi network whose password you wish to change.
In command prompt, type in ipconfig and press the enter button on your keyboard. A lot of information will come up. Scroll down to where it is written Default Gateway. The default I.P for your router is the one in front of Default Gateway. In essence, you can use this information to find what the default I.P is on any router.
You need a strong password for your Airtel WiFi network
This article would be incomplete without giving you a few password changing tips for your Airtel network. WiFi passwords are important. They are what stand between your family and the criminals that prowl the internet. If you are not careful, then you will become one of the victims of the scams that get reported on a daily basis around the world. As you set out to learn how to change WiFi password Airtel, you should remember the following tips;
- Make your password as long as you can make it. Long passwords mean it is hard for thieves to break into your network.
- Use special characters such as !@*#&$ and ^ in your password. Having these make it almost impossible for anyone to break in.
- You should also include both upper and lower cases in your password. Again, the aim is to confuse things. This works very well because WiFi passwords are case sensitive. So, it will be hard for someone to guess yours if you mix cases.
What’s the motivation for learning how to change WiFi password Airtel?
So, why should you learn how to change WiFi password Airtel? What’s the motivation? Most people are content to use the passwords that they get when they initially set up their systems. In reality, some of these passwords are actually very good. However, there are some instances where you may need to do an Airtel WiFi password change;
You wish to get an uncomplicated password
Most default passwords are rather complicated. They are a mix of letters, figures and special characters that are seemingly thrown together at random. These can be rather difficult to remember. That tends to be the major reason why people learn how to change WiFi password Airtel. They wish to simplify things by having a password that they can read and remember.
Your neighbors stole your password and you want to kick them out
Neighbors are a menace as far as WiFi networks are concerned. This applies for Airtel in India and for any other network that’s out there. It’s really shocking that one trending WiFi related keyword is; “how to hack neighbor’s WiFi.” What this indicates is that people out there are actively on the lookout for ways in which to get free internet. They don’t care about being good neighbors. All that they care about is being able to stream the latest road rage videos from YouTube. And with free internet, they can download any video in Ultra High Definition.
Truth be told, most WiFi password leakages are actually your fault. You probably bragged throughout the entire neighborhood the moment you got your Airtel internet. Now, it appears that the whole of India is using your WiFi. Or probably you used a weak password on your WiFi. Perhaps you used your children’s names and birthdays as your password. In that case, you neighbors will not have any trouble getting in.
The moment you discover that this has happen, you will know that it’s time for you to do an Airtel WiFi password change. What usually happens is that your connection suddenly becomes really slow. You start railing against Airtel, saying they are not good because their network is really sluggish. But the reality of the matter is that it’s not Airtel’s fault. It’s your fault for handing out your password across your neighbor like confetti at a wedding.
Change your Airtel Password to protect against hackers
This is another reason for changing your WiFi password Airtel. Truth be told, hackers are much more dangerous than neighbors. That’s because hackers are not worried about your WiFi. They have their own unlimited data plans and they do not need yours. All that they need from you are your credit card and other banking details. With these, they can go on buying sprees across the world.
Now, you may be generous, but surely you are not that generous? One thing to note is that routers and modems are very vulnerable to hacking. Check online and you will read many frightening stories of how they can be used to hijack somebody’s internet. This is something that you do not want to happen to your and your family. Imagine somebody being able to remotely turn on the webcam on your computer? It’s frightening. Anyway, the solution to this is to learn how to periodically do an Airtel WiFi password change.