Are you looking for the code to automatically get Telkom mobile internet settings in South Africa? If yes, then this article is for you. The mobile arm of Telkom has been growing exponentially over the past few years. This growth is probably at the expense of its competitors. Each day, we come across people who are looking to port to Telkom from their current networks. If you are one of the people who have made the move, you may be looking for Telkom internet settings for your Android or iOS device. We reveal this code here.
Code to Request Telkom Internet Settings
Ideally, internet settings for your phone will be automatically send the first time that you insert your Telkom SIM. However, if that does not happen, you can still request Telkom mobile internet settings by taking the following steps;
- Create a new SMS on your phone.
- Write Setup + the make of your phone in the messages section. An example would be Setup Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Send the SMS to 185.
- You will now receive internet settings for you phone via SMS.
- Install the settings.
- You may be asked to provide a PIN. Type in 1234.
Manually setting up your device
In case the above does not work, you need not worry. It’s possible for you to manually setup your Telkom mobile SIM for internet. To set up your phone or tablet for internet on Telkom, you need to take the steps given below. Please note that the steps may be slightly different depending on the version of Android that you have. The gist is that you need to create a new APN and to type in the values given below;
- Open Settings on your device.
- Next, go to Network and Internet.
- Click on Mobile network.
- Now you need to click on Access Point Names.
- Click on the + sign to the top right of your screen to create a new APN.
- On name, type in TelkomInternet
- On APN, also type in TelkomInternet
- Save your changes and you should be good to go. To save, click on the three dots to the top right of your screen and select Save.
What’s the Telkom Mobile Internet Settings USSD
Please note that there is currently Telkom internet settings USSD. To automatically receive Telkom mobile internet APN settings, you need to use SMS as described above.
Why Bother with Telkom APN Settings
Today, everybody owns a mobile phone. Yet the funny thing is that calling is but a small part of how we use these devices. Most people use their phones for checking the news, opening Facebook, opening Twitter, chatting with friends and family on WhatsApp and streaming media.
All these activities require internet connectivity. It’s not surprising; therefore that the first thing that people do when they move over to Telkom is that they request for APN settings. The internet plays a huge role in our lives today and we all wish to get connected.
If you are in Zambia, you may be looking for ZAMTEL internet settings. If that is the case, please feel free to check out the articles in the provided links.