Do you wish to learn how to use a Telkom South Africa SIM in a Vodacom Modem? If yes, then this article is for you. Telkom is one of the fastest growing networks in South Africa, mainly because it has highly competitive data and call charges. If you have a Vodacom modem or router, you may be looking to get connected to the internet through a Telkom line. So, how can you do this?
How to use Telkom sim in Vodafone modem
The following are the steps for using a Telkom SIM in a Vodacom modem;
- First, you need to log into your Vodacom router. You will find the login details on a label that’s on the router.
- Once you have logged into your Vodafone router, click on Mobile Broadband.
- Next, click on Connection.
- Now go to Account type and choose Custom.
- From there, go the APN field and type in Internet.
- On the next section where it’s written Number, put in *99#.
- From there, you will have to Save your settings. You will find the Save button on the bottom of the screen.
What happens next?
Once you have changed these settings, you will be able to connect to the internet on a Vodacom router using a Telkom SIM. From there, you can enjoy the savings. We need to point out that this is something that many people are looking to do, not only for Telkom and Vodacom, but across the board.
It doesn’t make sense that if you move to a new network, you will have to buy new equipment. If you already have a router or modem, you should be able to use that on your new network. In this case, we showed you how a Telkom SIM can be used on a Vodacom router.
Please note that there are many types of routers out there. This was just for one example. From the instructions given here, you should now have a clearer idea of how to proceed. If you have a particular type of router that you would like to have us focus on, then feel free to get in touch with us.