Are you looking for information on how to port from Vodacom to Cell C? If yes, then we will show you how it’s done in this article. Cell C is the third largest mobile communications company in South Africa. It’s main attraction is it’s competitive pricing when compared to the big guns, MTN and Vodacom. If you are a Vodacom customer, then you may be looking to port to CellC to take advantage of the many deals that are on offer. The following is how to do it;
Steps to Port to Cell C from Vodacom
To port from Vodacom to Cell C, you need to take the following steps;
- To get started, you need to buy a Cell C Starter Pack. These are available at Cell C dealers around the country.
- Next, you need to RICA your new CellC SIM SIM. Registration is in line with the law in South Africa.
- At this stage, keep your old Vodacom SIM in your phone.
- From your old SIM, SMS the serial number for your new Cell C SIM to 084 767 8287.
- You will receive 2 messages on the old SIM confirming that you are looking to port your number to Cell C from Vodacom.
- After a few hours, your old SIM will stop working. Now put in the new SIM into your phone.
How long does the process take?
The process of porting from Vodacom to Cell C usually takes no more than 24 hours. After this period, you should be able to start using your old number on your new network.
Benefits of number porting in South Africa
The ability to switch between networks while keeping your old number is, if you are South African, something to be celebrated. Not many other places around the world have this facility. Number porting means you are able to move from one network to another without losing your number.
That’s important. It means you don’t have to go through the hassle of telling people that you have a new number. And there is also the issue of competition. The mobile communications scene in South Africa is extremely competitive. Operators are constantly trying to outdo one another.
For the consumer, this can only be good news. It means these operators are forced to provide the best of services. Should they fail to do so, people can simply switch to other networks. Price also tends to be cheaper because of competition.
Again, operators are trying to outdo one another. So, this is all good news for consumers. Anyway, that’s how to port from Vodacom to Cell C. Hope this article has been useful to you. If so, don’t hesitate to leave a comment in the section below. You may also wish to check out our article on how to activate call barring on CellC.