Are you looking for information on how to port from Cell C to MTN? If yes, then we will show you how it’s done in this article. MTN is the second largest mobile communications company in South Africa. It currently have over 25.8 million customers in the country alone. If you have been using Cell C all along, you may be looking to port to MTN to benefit from the better deals and services that are on offer. So, how do you do it?
How to port to MTN from Cell C
To port from Cell C to MTN, you need to take the following steps;
- First, you need to go to an MTN store to buy a starter pack.
- While in store, register (RICA) your new MTN SIM. An ID and proof of residence is required for this.
- With the old, Cell C SIM still in your phone, open Messages and create a new message.
- Write the following message; PORTME#( your 10-digit MTN SIM number).
- Send this message to 083 767 8287.
- Next, you will get a message telling you that the request to port from Cell C to MTN is being processed.
- After 24 hours or when your Cell C SIM stops working, insert your new MTN SIM into your phone.
- Activate your new SIM by selecting New Number.
How long does it take for a port request to be processed?
That’s how to port from CellC to Telkom. The process of switching from one network to another takes about 24 hours. It may take a bit longer, so you need to be patient. In most instances, you will know that the process is done because your old SIM will stop working. We have previously written on how to port from MTN to Telkom and from Vodacom to MTN. The waiting period is the same.
Why port from Cell C to MTN?
There are several reasons why you may be looking to learn how to port from Cell C to MTN. Perhaps you were once an MTN customer, but you moved to Cell C at some point. Most people did this to take advantage of Cell C’s rates, which were cheaper. However, quite a few have since become disenchanted. If you are of them, then you may be looking to move back to MTN.
The great thing is that number portability allows South Africa to move from one network to another at will. Well, perhaps not exactly at will. You need to wait 60 days before porting to another network. But the fact remains that number portability is an important and useful feature on the telecommunication scene in South Africa. It allows people to shift between networks while keeping their numbers.
Can I immediately move back to my old network?
There are some people out there who soon become disenchanted after moving from their old network to a new one. They immediately try to switch back. However, you cannot do that. In fact, you can only switch back to your old network if the port request was made fraudulently. Otherwise, you are going to be on Port Lock for 60 days.