Mobile phone companies across the globe have a wide range of products that they use to… eh, try and squeeze as many dollars out of people’s pockets as is possible. Zimbabwe is not exception in this regard. With the proliferation of social media, many people in the country buy bundles that they use to stay in touch with friends and family. Econet, the largest mobile phone network in the country, offers WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter bundles to its users. With this in mind, you may be wondering how to buy standalone data bundles from Econet. Here is how to buy Econet data bundles;
- Dial *143# on your phone
- Choose the “Data Bundles,” option
- You have the option of buying daily, weekly and monthly data bundles
- Choose the option that best works for you.
- In the next screen, you will see that you have the option to purchase Kwese iFlix bundles, WhatsApp and Twitter Bundles, Facebook bundles as well as standalone data bundles.
- Here you can purchase 50MB for 50 cents and 250MB for $1.
Purchasing Econet Data Bundles through ECOCASH
Note that you can also purchase Econet Data bundles directly through Ecocash. To do this, dial *151#, enter your pin and choose Airtime and Bundles. From there, choose the option that best works for you.
The advantage of purchasing standalone bundles
If you are a Googler, then standalone data bundles are a good option. As an example, you may buy a weekly data bundle from Econet of 35MB for $1 and use this to browse across the internet while also having access to WhatsApp. We do have to say, however, that 35MB is a bit too little, and you will have to defer downloading all those funny videos till you are on unlimited WiFi.