Do you wish to learn how to block a number on Vodacom? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Vodacom is the biggest mobile communications company in South Africa. It also has operations in other African countries. If you are a Vodacom customer, there are times when you may be looking to block certain people from calling you. Perhaps they are strangers who have been pestering you. Or perhaps you are trying to avoid them because you owe them money. Whatever the case, the good news is that you can block these people from calling your phone. The following is how to do it;
How to Block Someone on Vodacom for Android users
Please note that blocking numbers is not a function of the network. It’s something that’s done on your phone. So, you can set up your phone to do the blocking, or you can download an app that does the job on your behalf. If you have an Android phone, you can take the following steps to block a number on Vodacom;
- First, click on the Phone app on your Android phone.
- Next, press on the three dots to the top right of your screen.
- From there, click on Settings.
- Now you need to click on Call Settings.
- Next, click on Blocked Caller List/Auto reject list.
- Click on the + sign to add a number to the list.
- You can choose to block incoming calls, messages or both.
- You can add numbers to the Block list from your address book, or your can type the number manually.
Use an App to Block People from Calling you
This is another option for those looking to learn how to block a caller on Vodacom. There are many apps on the Android store that are designed specifically for this purpose. An example is the aptly named Call Blocker. Another app is Calls Blacklist. You can also check out Call Control.
Block people from calling your iPhone
If you are a Vodacom customer who uses an iPhone, the good news is that you too can block specific numbers from calling your phone. To do so, you need to take the following steps;
- Go to Contacts.
- Next, go to Settings.
- Now click on Blocked.
- Click on Add New.
- Choose the person that you wish to block from your contacts list.
- The person will now be added to your blocked list.
Why block a caller on Vodacom?
That’s how to block a number on Vodacom. Please note that the steps given above may be slightly different, depending on the version of Android that you have on your phone. But in general, you should have no difficult accomplishing your aim. But why would you wish to do it. Why block somebody from calling you on Vodacom?
Well, perhaps that person has been annoying you. Or maybe you owe them money, as already noted. People that we owe money tend to be rather irritating. They think the world is all about them! Seriously though, learn to return whatever you borrow within the agreed to time frames.