If you have just bought a Windows 10 computer, one of the things that you will discover is that the OS comes with tablet mode. Tablet mode appears to have been made for touch friendly devices. However, as is the case with everything else to do with technology, Microsoft seems to have ignored that most of the computers that are out there are actually desktops that do not have touch screens. There is also the fact that one can hardly do any work on a touch screen device. The whole matter appears to be a matter of technology being taken too far. So, how do you permanently disable tablet mode in Windows 10? Click here to watch a video of how to get back to Desktop Mode in Windows 10.
How to Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10
To permanently disable tablet mode in Windows 10, all that you need to do is the following;
- Open Settings on your computer
- In Settings, click on System
- In the window that appears, click on Tablet Mode
- Under “When I sign in,” make sure that “Use desktop mode is selected.”
- Under “When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off,” choose “Always ask me before switching.
Video of how to get back Desktop Mode in Windows 10
Below is a video showing how you can revert back to Desktop mode in Windows 10. Watch it if you would like to know how to get rid of Tablet Mode on your Windows 10 computer;
Turn off Window 10 Tablet Mode
That should turn off Tablet Mode on your Windows 10 computer. Now each time that you switch on your computer, your PC will start in desktop and not tablet mode.
Why turn off tablet mode?
There are a number of reasons why you may wish to turn off Tablet Mode on your Windows 10 computer.
- You may want to exit Tablet Mode in Windows 10 if your computer does not have a touch screen.
- You may also want to how to get out of tablet mode in Windows 10 if you use your computer to do some serious work. In our view, touch devices were never really created for people that do work on their computers. It’s all good to have touch on your phone, where the most work that you would ever hope to do is go to your favorite social media platform. But when you wish to really do work, then you will want to turn off tablet mode in Windows 10.
That’s it! Hope this article will help you permanently disable tablet mode in Windows 10. Watch this space for more Windows 10 tablet mode tips! If you have any questions, feel free to leave the below.