Windows 10 introduced the PIN as an alternative login method to prevent unauthorized access to computers. If you have been using previous versions of Windows, you will probably have been familiar with the use of passwords. The PIN serves as an alternative to the password. However, if you do not wish to use it, you can remove the PIN that’s on your Windows 10 computer. When you do this, you revert back to using passwords for logins. So, how do you remove the PIN on a Windows 10 computer?
Removing the PIN on a Windows 10 computer
Note that this article is not talking about changing the PIN on your computer. If that is what you wish to do, you may wish to check out my other articles. What I am talking about here is how to completely remove the PIN that you have been using on your computer. Now, to remove the PIN on a Windows 10 computer, you need to do the following;
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer.
- In the Start Menu, click on the Settings button.
- In Settings, click on “Accounts.”
- Next, you need to click on “Sign in options.”
- Under PIN, click on the “Remove,” button
- You will be asked to confirm whether or not you really wish to remove the PIN from your computer.
- Click on the “Remove,” button to confirm your choice.
- To remove the PIN, you need to verify your account password.
- Click on “Remove,” and you should be done.
Resetting a PIN
The good news is that you can always restore a PIN to your Windows 10 computer. The bad news is that in order to do so, you will need to be connected to the internet. Otherwise that’s it. That’s how to remove the PIN on a Windows 10 computer. Now that you have removed the PIN from your computer, you will now use the password to control access.