If you are looking to send money to friends and relatives in Zimbabwe via WorldRemit, this article shows you how much it is going to cost you for various amount. Needless to say here that a large number of Zimbabweans survive through the money that is sent back home from the Diaspora. So, what are the Worldremit charges for transferring money to Zimbabwe?
The fortunate part is that cash United States Dollars are still available in Zimbabwe. Now, back to Worldremit charges when sending money to Zimbabwe;
- The charge to transfer money to Zimbabwe via Worldremit from $0 to $50 is $4.99.
- From $51 to $150, Worldremit charges stand at $6.99.
- Wordremit charges $9.99 for transfers amounts from $151 to $200.
- From $201 to $300, Word Remit charges $11.99.
- From $301 to $500, the transfer fee for Worldremit is $16.99.
- The cost of sending USD $501 to USD $600 to Zimbabwe via Worldremit is $19.99.
- If you want to send between $601 and $1000 using World Remit, the charge is $34.99.
- From $1001 to $1500, World Remit charges stand at $44.99.
- The Worldremit charge for sending money to Zimbabwe ranging from $1501 to $2000 is $49.99.
- From $2001 to $9000, the Worldremit fee for transferring money to Zimbabwe falls back to $25.
Worldremit Fees for Sending Money to Zimbabwe Explained
The table above assumes that you wish to have your relatives in Zimbabwe collect cash from the bank. The alternatives are to have them receive the money that you send to Zimbabwe through Worldremit into their bank accounts, or to have them receive the money into their Ecocash accounts.
Cash is the Obvious Choice
When it comes to sending money to Zimbabwe using World Remit, having family and friends collect cash United States Dollars is the obvious choice. For one thing, the black market rate for the virtual money that’s used in Zimbabwe has continued to fall, with reports indicating that 100 United States dollars will now buy you 200 virtual dollars.
Having the money that you send to Zimbabwe through Worldremit deposited into your relatives’ accounts effectively means, therefore, that you will be losing half the value per transaction. That’s clearly not an option.
What’s the maximum amount that can be sent to Zimbabwe using World Remit?
The Maximum amount that you can transfer to Zimbabwe using World Remit stands at $9000.
Is Worldremit Cheap?
WorldRemit is definitely an affordable way through which you can send money to your relatives in Zimbabwe. Note that the charges in the table above may be slightly different, depending on the country from which the money is being transferred. In the above example, we used the United States as the country from which the money was coming.