How much does it cost to send money to Zimbabwe via Western Union?
Western Union is, without doubt, the most popular way through which Zimbabweans in the Diaspora are sending money to friends and family back home. A few days ago, we produced a detailed article in which we talked about Worldremit, another of the popular money transfer agencies in Africa. This article looks at Western Union and the amounts that you get charged when you transfer money to Zimbabwe and to other African countries. So, what are the Western Union Rates for Zimbabwe?
|Transfer Amount||Transfer Fee||Transfer Total||Your recipient gets|
|USD 10||USD 0.99||USD 10.99||USD 10|
|USD 11||USD 4.99||USD 15.99||USD 11|
|USD 20||USD 4.99||USD24.99||USD 20|
|USD 30||USD 4.99||USD 34.99||USD 30|
|USD 50||USD 4.99||USD 54.99||USD 50|
|USD 51||USD 12.00||USD 63.00||USD 51|
|USD 100||USD 12.00||USD 112.00||USD 100|
|USD 101||USD 15.00||USD 116.00||USD 101|
|USD 200||USD 15.00||USD 215.00||USD 200|
|USD 201||USD 27.00||USD 228.00||USD 201|
|USD 300||USD 27,00||USD 327.00||USD 300|
|USD 301||USD 34.00||USD 335.00||USD 301|
|USD 400||USD 34.00||USD 434.00||USD 400|
|USD 401||USD 42.00||USD 443.00||USD 401|
|USD 500||USD 42.00||USD 542.00||USD 500|
|USD 501||USD 51.00||USD 552.00||USD 501|
|USD 600||USD 51.00||USD 651.00||USD 600|
|USD 601||USD 58.00||USD 659.00||USD 601|
|USD 700||USD 58.00||USD 758.00||USD 700|
|USD 701||USD 64.00||USD 765.00||USD 701|
|USD 800||USD 64.00||USD 864.00||USD 800|
|USD 801||USD 71.00||USD 872.00||USD 801|
|USD 900||USD 71.00||USD 971.00||USD 900|
|USD 901||USD 81.00||USD 982.00||USD 901|
|USD 1000||USD 81.00||USD 1081.00||USD 1000|
|USD 1001||USD 93.00||USD 1094.00||USD 1001|
|USD 1250||USD 93.00||USD 1343.00||USD 1250|
|USD 1251||USD 102.00||USD 1353.00||USD 1251|
|USD 1500||USD 102.00||USD 1602.00||USD 1500|
|USD 1501||USD 113.00||USD 1614.00||USD 1501|
|USD 1800||USD 113.00||USD 1913.00||USD 1800|
|USD 1801||USD 124.00||USD 1925.00||USD 1801|
|USD 2000||USD 124.00||USD 2124.00||USD 2000|
|USD 2001||USD 135.00||USD 2136.00||USD 2001|
|USD 2500||USD 135.00||USD 2635.00||USD 2500|
|USD 2501||USD 145.00||USD 2646.00||USD 2501|
|USD 3000||USD 145.00||USD 3145.00||USD 3000|
Explanation of the Western Union Rates for Zimbabwe
As you can see in the above table, Western Union charges for sending money to your friends and family in Zimbabwe, or anywhere else in Africa for that matter, are going to depend on the amount that you will be sending. Generally speaking, the more the amount that you are going to be transferring to Zimbabwe from the Diaspora, the more you will be charged by Western Union. Anyway, here is an explanation of the Western Union rates for Zimbabwe;
- Western Union’s costs, when sending anything below $10 to Zimbabwe, are at 0.99 cents. Needless to say that not many people are going to be sending amounts that are this low.
- From $11 to $50, you can expect to be charged $4.99 when sending money to Africa using Western Union.
- Western Union fees for amounts that are between $51 and $100 stands at $12. What this means is that if you want to send $100 to Zimbabwe via Western Union, you can expect to fork out $112.
- From $101 to $200, Western Union charges for Zimbabwe stand at $15.
- Western Union rates for Zimbabwe for amounts ranging from $201 to $300 stand at $27.
- For amounts that range from $301 to $400, Western Union rates for Zimbabwe stand at $34.
- From $401 to $500, the Western Union fee for transferring money to Africa stands at $42.
- From $501 to $600, you can expect to pay $51 when sending money to Zimbabwe using Western Union.
- Western Union rates for Zimbabwe when transferring figures that are from $701 to $800 stand at $64.
- From $801 to $900, Western Union rates for Zimbabwe when sending money from the United States stand at $71.
- If you wish to send between $901 and $1000 to Zimbabwe, the Western Union fee stands at $81.
- Western Union rates for Zimbabwe when transferring amounts between $1001 and $1250 stand at $93.
- From $1251 to $1500, Western Union rates for Zimbabwe stand at $102.
- From $1501 to $1800, the amount that you will need to pay when sending money to Zimbabwe via Western Union is $113.
- Amounts of between $1801 and $2000 attract charges of $124 when sending money to Zimbabwe using Western Union.
- From $2001 to $2500, Western Union charges for Zimbabwe stand at $134.
- If you wish to send amounts between $2501 and $3000 using Western Union, you can expect to pay $145.
Is it Cheap to Send Money to Zimbabwe Using Western Union?
The beauty of sending money to Zimbabwe using Western Union and other Money transfer agencies is that the government currently allows your relatives to collect the money in cash. What’s more, they also get a small incentive in bond notes and coins when they receive money this way. Considering that the bond’s value against the U.S dollar has been falling on the black market over the past few months, the fact that your relatives get more for the money that you send home is clearly a plus.
1 thought on “Western Union Rates for Zimbabwe”
What’s the maximum daily limit that can be sent to someone in zimbabwe