Are you looking to check the balance on your Telkom prepaid landline? If yes, then you should read this article. Telkom is one of the biggest companies on South Africa’s telecommunications scene. It’s the biggest fixed line company in the country. Though the company has been making forays into mobile, landlines remain at the core of its business. So, how do you view your Telkom landline balance?
Check Telkom Landline Balance
To check your Telkom landline balance, you need to take the following steps;
- Open Messages on your phone and create a new message.
- Type in your 10 digit Telkom landline number + your ID number.
- Send the SMS to 012 321 0210.
- You will receive a message showing you your current balance. The message will also show you the amount due, if any, as well as the due date.
- You can also use the Telkom iOS or Android app to view your prepaid landline balance.
What’s the code to check your Telkom Prepaid balances?
There is no code for doing a Telkom prepaid landline balance check. To view your balances, you are going to need to use SMS. Or you can use an app on your phone. Check out the instructions given above to find out how to do it.
A bit about Telkom landlines
Landlines have taken something of a backbench as the whole world moves to mobile. Fortunately, the expected bloodbath has turned out to be only a mirage. Landline use is still growing in South Africa and elsewhere. This mainly has to do with the fact that it’s cheaper to make a call to and from a landline.
Landlines are also reliable. Copper has been around for a bit and it is tried and tested. And if you are looking for internet, you can always have ADSL, which offers more than decent speeds. Anyway, that’s how to check your balance on Telkom prepaid landlines. You may also want to read on how to check balance on Telkom mobile. Also look up our article on how to port to Telkom.