Making DSTV payments can be a challenge, particularly if you are in a country like Zimbabwe, where the currency crisis has turned the whole thing into a veritable feat.A while back, a friend of mine asked me to make his DSTV payments on his behalf. He was in his rural home in Chinhoyi and I was in Binga when the request came. The reason why the friend asked was because I have a Payoneer MasterCard card that get’s loaded with money from the online work that I do. Having this card has kept me above the water, as far as online payments are concerned. Now, my friend wanted me to make the DSTV payment on his behalf. Later on, he would reimburse me the hard currency as cash.
Making a DSTV payment on behalf of someone else
In order to pay DSTV for someone else, all that you need to do is the following;
- Go to the DSTV Africa website
- Click on “Pay,” then “Pay Now.”
- Instead of using you own details to login, sign into DSTV using the other person’s surname and their Smartcard number.
- View their balance and make the payment using your MasterCard or Visa Card.
Make a DSTV Payment for Someone Else from your own Dashboard
If you would rather not sign into someone else’s DSTV account, you can still make DSTV payments on another person’s behalf by taking the following steps;
- Go to the DSTV website
- Log into your account using your own Surname and Smartcard Number.
- Click on the “Pay,” button
- In the next screen, click on “Pay for someone else.”
- Enter their Smartcard number and the country in which their DSTV account is registered
- Enter the captcha and click on “Verify.”
- Proceed with the payment
That’s it! The option to pay DSTV for someone else is handy for those that wish to make DSTV subscriptions for their parents, friends and others. Don’t forget that we love to hear from you, so feel free to leave feedback in the comments section below. Also feel free to ask questions through the appropriate section on our site.