One of the things that you will discover, if you have recently purchased a Kindle Paperwhite, or any other Kindle device for that matter, is that you can now link your device to Goodreads. For those that are not in the know, Goodreads describes itself as a “social cataloguing,” website that gives individuals the ability to search through a database of books, reviews and annotations. Goodreads is a good way of keeping abreast with what everyone else is reading at any given point in time. So, how do you connect your Kindle to Goodreads?
Goodreads on Kindle
You will notice that there is now a Goodreads button in your Kindle. To connect your device to Goodreads, simply do the following;
- Make sure that your Kindle is connected to the internet.
- Click on the Goodreads button
- If you are already a member, click on “Already a member.”
- If you do not already have a Goodreads account, click on the “Join Goodreads” button.
- Once you have signed in, you can now select your favorite genres
- You will now be asked to rate some books in your selected genres. If you have not already read these books, you can buy them.
- When done, click on the “Next,” button. You will then get personalized recommendations from Goodreads.
Benefits of connecting to Goodreads
The following are some of the benefits of linking your Goodreads account to your Kindle device;
- You get to see what your friends are reading
- This enables you to find new books
- You have the world’s largest network of readers on your fingertips, which is helpful as far as recommendations are concerned.
Is it worth linking your Kindle to your Goodreads account?
Yes, it’s worth signing in to Goodreads using your Kindle Paperwhite. You can keep abreast with what others are reading, which can be useful for those who are still going to school. And with so many books out there, it can be difficult to find the best reads, which is why Goodreads recommendations from your peers can be indispensable to you.