Are you looking for information on how to set up voicemail on Vodacom South Africa? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Activating voicemail on Vodacom is something that everyone on the network needs to do. It gives people the opportunity to leave you voice messages in the event that you are not able to answer your phone. The messages are stored by Vodacom and can be retrieved at your convenience. Below is how to activate voicemail on Vodacom South Africa. This article has the following sections;
Vodacom Voicemail activation steps
The following are the steps to set up voicemail on Vodacom in South Africa;
- First, you need to dial 132 on your Vodacom phone.
- The first time that you dial 132, you will be directed to activate your Voicemail.
- Next, you can proceed to setup various option in your Voicemail box.
- To do that, dial 132.
- From there, choose option 2. That’s the option to change your mailbox settings.
- Next, choose option 3 for changing your Voicemail box notifications.
- There are several options here. Follow the prompts that you get to set up your phone for voicemail.
- Once the facility has been activated on your phone, you will get and SMS whenever someone leaves you a voicemail message.
Why is voicemail important?
Voicemail can be important, particularly for the hyper busy. Perhaps you are in a meeting and have turned off your phone. Or maybe you have gone off the beaten path and are just not available. Whatever your reasons for being off the grid, voicemail activation on Vodacom allows people to leave you messages whenever your phone cannot be reached.
You will get an SMS notifying you that somebody has left you a voicemail. You can then check the voicemail message using the code for doing so.
Anyway, those are the steps for activating voicemail on South Africa’s largest mobile communications network. The process is really easy. And the facility brings you a lot of convenience. One possible issue is that not many people around the country are used to leaving people voicemail messages.
So, you may find after a while that your voicemail inbox is still empty. It’s probably a cultural issue. People are just not used to the practice. But activation of Voicemail is easy and can be a life saver.
Can I personalize my voicemail greeting?
Yes, this is something that you can do during the process of getting set up. Most people like to leave a personalized voicemail message. Something like; “Hello! This is John! I am not around right now, so please leave a message after the tone. So, if you have been dying to get a personalized message like that on your phone, now is your chance!
Check out our article on how to check voicemail messages on Vodacom in South Africa. Also check out our article on how to borrow Vodacom South African airtime.