Are you looking for information on how to RICA your new Telkom SIM? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Telkom is probably the fastest growing mobile network in South Africa. Quite a number of people have been porting to Telkom from their networks on a daily basis. If you are one of the people who have made the move, you will be looking to register your new Telkom SIM. That’s in line with requirements in South Africa. This post is divided into the following sections;
Telkom RICA Documents?
There are some things that you are going to need in order to RICA a Telkom SIM. The following are the required documents;
- A scanned copy of your South African ID. This can be in any of the following formats; PDF, PNG, JPG or JPEG.
- Proof of residence. This can be a utility bill in your name. A store statement will also do. You can also use a bank statement as proof of residence. Your proof of residence should be in JPG, JPEG, PNG or PDF formats.
- You also need the ICCID number for your new Telkom SIM. This can be found on the back of your SIM pack.
- You will need to take a selfie as part of the Telkom SIM registration process. So, you need to work on a device on which you can take a selfie, such as a computer with a webcam, a phone or tablet.
How to Register a Telkom SIM Online
Once you have all the required documentation, you should now proceed to the online registration process for your Telkom SIM. The following is how to do it;
- Go to the Telkom Rica website.
- There, click on the Start Rica button.
- On the page that comes up, enter your first name, your last name, your RSA ID number and your new SIM’s ICCID.
- Next, you will be required to type in your personal details. These include your phone number, physical address and email address.
- From there, you will have to verify your contact details. An email is sent to the provided address. You will also get an SMS on the provided number. These will have a link that you can use to finish the RICA process. You will have to complete the process on another window or on your phone.
- Next, you will be required to upload a copy of your South African ID.
- The next stage involves the uploading of your proof of residence.
- Finally, you will need to do a Selfie verification.
Options for Registering your Telkom SIM
The above instructions are for those that wish to RICA their Telkom SIMs online. However, you also have the option to RICA your phone in-store. Simply go to your nearest Telkom shop and do the registration there. You will still need to have a copy of your South African ID, proof of residence, the ICCID number for your SIM and a photo clearly showing your face.
Telkom has been growing
Finally, we need to repeat that Telkom has been growing at a remarkable rate over the past few years. Today, it has over 9 million subscribers. And the figure continues to grow on a daily basis as people port to Telkom from their networks.
Anyway, feel free to check out our article on how to Port from MTN to Telkom. Also check out our article on how to port from Vodacom to Telkom. If you have a comment, feel free to leave it in the appropriate section below.
2 thoughts on “How to RICA a Telkom SIM Online”
Telkom online rica is not operational, and have not, according to my experience, been working for at least a month now.
Okay. Thanks for the information. Will update the article.