Are you looking to change the WiFi password on your TalkTalk router? If yes, then this article is for you. TalkTalk is a major player in the U.K’s telecommunications sector. If you are one of the company’s customers, it is advisable that you learn how to change the password on your TalkTalk router. The thing to note here is that TalkTalk uses quite a range of modems for its customers. Click on the link that corresponds to the one that you have in your home to find out how to do a TalkTalk WiFi password change;
- TalkTal WiFi Hub (Huawei (black) and Sagemcom)
- D-Link 3680, Huawei HG533, HG523a, and D-Link 3780 routers
- D-Link 3782 Super Router
- Huawei HG635 and HG633 routers
- TalkTalk WiFi password changing tips
How to Change WiFi Password TalkTalk Hub
The TalkTalk WiFi hub is probably one of the most advanced router types that you will be able to find anywhere in the United Kingdom. TalkTalk hubs are manufactured by Huawei and Sagemcom. The following is how to change the WiFi password on a TalkTalk hub;
- First, connect your computer to the TalkTalk WiFi network whose password you wish to change.
- Next, open a browser on your PC and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Press enter when done.
- You will now be taken to the login page for your TalkTalk Hub’s admin page. Log in using the default username and password.
- You can find the default username and password for your TalkTalk Hub on the back of the router.
- Once you have logged into your router’s Dashboard, click on See WiFi settings button.
- Next, click on Change WiFi password.
- A text box will pop up. Type in your new password.
- Next, confirm your new password. You do this by typing it in one more time.
- Finally, you need to click on Save WiFi password.
- Reconnect your devices using the new WiFi password.
D-Link 3680, Huawei HG533, HG523a, and D-Link 3780 routers
If you have a D-Link 3680, Huawei HG533, HG523a, or D-Link 3780 router in your home, the following is how to change WiFi password TalkTalk;
- Connect your computer to the TalkTalk WiFi network on which you wish to make a password change.
- Next, open any browser on your computer and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Press enter when done.
- On the login page for your router’s admin section, log in using the default username and password.
- The default username for TalkTalk D-Link 3680, Huawei HG533, HG523a, or D-Link 3780 routers is admin.
- The default password is also admin.
- On your router’s admin page, click on Wireless.
- Next, go to Wireless Network Password and type in your new TalkTalk WiFi password.
- Hit the Save button when done.
- Your will now need to reconnect all your devices to your WiFi using the new password.
Change Talk Talk WiFi password on D-Link 3782 Super Router
The D-Link 3782 Super Router is another that you will find in common use among TalkTalk customers. To change your TalkTalk WiFi password on a D-Link 3782 Super Router, you need to take the following steps;
- Connect your PC to the TalkTalk WiFi network on which you wish to do a password change.
- Open a browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Press enter and you will be taken to the log in page for your Super Router’s admin page.
- Log in using the default username and password.
- These can be found on a sticker on the back of your TalkTalk Super Router.
- In your Super Router’s Dashboard, click on Settings.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Choose Wireless (WiFi).
- Your Router operates on 2 WiFi bands. These are at the 2.4GHz and on 5GHz. Read this article to find out about dual band WiFi.
- First click on 2.4GHz.
- Go to PSK Network Key and change your TalkTalk WiFi password.
- Click on the Save button to the top of your screen.
- Then go back and click on 5GHz. Go to PSK Network Key and change your TalkTalk WiFi password. It’s okay to use one password for both networks.
- Finally, reconnect your devices to your TalkTalk WiFi using your new password.
Change WiFi password TalkTalk on Huawei HG635 and HG633 routers
Huawei HG635 and HG633 routers are also commonly used among TalkTalk customers. To change the WiFi password on TalkTalk Huawei HG635 and HG633 routers, you need to take the following steps;
- Connect your computer to the TalkTalk WiFi network where you wish to change your password.
- On your computer, open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1.
- Click on enter and you will be taken to the login page for your router’s admin section.
- Log in using the default username and password.
- These can be found on a sticker on the back of your Huawei Super Router.
- In your router’s Dashboard, click on Wireless.
- Next, go Password and change your Talk Talk WiFi password.
- Save your changes.
- Reconnect your devices to your TalkTalk WiFi using the new password.
Tips to help you Change TalkTalk WiFi passwords
Hopefully, the above instructions have shown you how to change WiFi passwords for TalkTalk. As mentioned at the top, TalkTalk uses a wide range of routers from different manufacturers on its network. These include D-Link and Huawei. We tried to cover all angles by showing you how to change WiFi password TalkTalk on different devices. This section is in case you have some other router type in your home or office. If that is the case, the tips given below should be helpful to you;
Whatever the router, steps to change WiFi passwords are almost the same
We have been writing quite a lot of articles in this series. We have previous written on how to change WiFi password Trustpower. Trustpower is in New Zealand. Nous avons aussi ecrire sur comment Changer Mot de Passe WiFi Topnet en Tunisie. One thing that you will notice in all those articles is that the steps for changing WiFi passwords are similar. Yes, there are slight differences, but basically, you need to do the following;
- You need to find your router’s default I.P address. This can be in the form of a web address.
- You also need to get the default username.
- Finally, you need to have the default password.
- With this information, you will be able to get into your router’s admin page.
- In there, you usually need to click on Wireless.
- You can now change your WiFi password.
Where do you get this information?
These basic steps are how to change wifi password talktalk. But where do you get all this information that we were talking about above? Most people do not realize that they have everything they need to change their TalkTalk WiFi passwords right in front of them.
There is no need to spend hours on Google. All that you need to do is to look on the bottom of your router and you will see a sticker on there that has all the details to enable you to get into your router’s admin page. On some routers, the sticker will be behind the device.
Find the Default TalkTalk Router I.P address using Command Prompt
Here is a neat tip; you can find the default I.P address for your TalkTalk router using Command Prompt. We usually get questions from people regarding the I.P addresses for their routers. People say they are not able to log in because the I.P addresses that we gave are not correct. Well, we usually advise people to check on their routers for the correct I.P or web address. But there is another way of finding this information. You can do so using Command Prompt. All that you need to do is the following;
- Go to your computer and connect it to your TalkTalk WiFi.
- Next, open Command Prompt. Search for Command Prompt and click on the app that comes up.
- In Command Prompt, type in ipconfig and press enter.
- Find your TalkTalk router’s default I.P under Default Gateway.
Reset your TalkTalk router if you can’t log in
On some routers, you will be asked to change the default password the first time that you log in. That’s to protect you because default passwords tend to be similar. So, people can actually hack into your WiFi using these details.
But, what sometimes happens is that people immediately forget their default login details. It’s only to be expected, considering that you will probably only need to use yours once a year or so. So, what do you do if you have forgotten your router’s admin password?
The good news is that you can simply reset your router. That way, you will be able to log in using the default details that are printed on the device. To reset your router, turn it around and look for a pinhole button on the back. Find something with which to press on this for up to 15 seconds. Your TalkTalk router will now be factory reset.
Your TalkTalk WiFi password should be strong
Over the years, there have been gory stories in UK and across the world of routers being hijacked and people losing important personal details as a result. The thing that you should have at the back of your mind is that you need to protect yourself when doing whatever it is that you are doing online. The internet can be a frightening place. And one way of protecting yourself is through the use of strong WiFi passwords. The following tips should be helpful to you in this regard;
- Your TalkTalk WiFi password should be a mix of cases. So, it should contain both upper and lower cases. Remember that WiFi passwords are case sensitive. So, talktalK is different from Talktalk. Mixing cases is a good way of confusing would-be-hackers.
- Throw in some special characters in your password. Special characters include; *&^%$# and @. Having them in your password is another great way of ensuring that it is secure.
- All passwords should be at least 10 characters long. People find shorter passwords to be easier to remember. However, they can also be easy to hack into.
- Try to avoid using your children’s names and birthdays as your passwords. If you do this, people who know you, such as neighbors, won’t have a hard time getting unauthorized access.
Why Change TalkTalk WiFi Password?
Why should anybody bother learning how to change WIFi password TalkTalk? Aren’t the passwords that you get when you get your system good enough? Well, to be frank, there is only one major reason why people should change their Talk Talk WiFi passwords. It all has to do with SECURITY. You want to protect yourself while surfing online. But who do you protect yourself from?
Do it to protect yourself from your good neighbors
Neighbors around the world are a huge menace when it comes to WiFi. If you think we are exaggerating, maybe we are, a little bit. But just consider the fact that “how to hack WiFi,” is one of the keywords that’s trending on Google and you will see that there is some truth to what we are talking about.
People out there are actively on the hunt for unsecured WiFi networks. And they are actively looking to hack even into secured connections. The reason for that is that data has become a rather precious commodity around the world.
There are so many things to do online, and there is seemingly not enough data for doing them. People want to be able to stream music and videos, and to download important Fail videos from YouTube. Most people do it the right way, by getting their own WiFi.
However, there are others who go to extreme lengths to hack into their neighbor’s internet. We were reading the other day of a person who got locked out of their own connection by a neighbor. That’s an extreme case, but most of our dear friends and family will use every trick in the book to try and decode your password.
The next thing that you will notice is that your internet will become very very slow. Not surprising, considering that the entire neighborhood will be downloading from your network. You may want to accuse TalkTalk of running a shoddy service.
However, before doing that, please look to your neighbors and find out if they are not the ones who are stealing from you. Should you discover that they are doing it, then it will be time for you to learn how to change WiFi password TalkTalk.
Changing your password protects you from hackers
Neighbors are an annoying threat. But they are mostly a manageable threat. Just threaten to sue them and they will knock it off. However, the same cannot be said of hackers. These are a really big threat in the world of computing.
Usually, hackers are very talented young men. And they are also thieves. But instead of thieving the normal way, they use computers to achieve their nefarious ends. They have the ability to get into almost any connection.
Once in there, they will be able to steal your banking information. And with that, they will gleefully start spending money on your behalf. Not a very pleasant thing, but it happens. To protect yourself, it’s important to periodically change your TalkTalk WiFi password. And choose a strong password while at it!