Are you looking to change the WiFi password on your PLDT Fibr router? If yes, then this article will show you the easiest way do do it. We have previously written an article on how to change PLDT home Prepaid and PLDT home DSL customers WiFi passwords. This one is specifically for those looking for tips on how to change PLDT Fibr WiFi password. The PLDT Home Fibre offering is internet on steroids. It’s one of the fastest broadband offerings in the Philippines. Speeds run to as much as 100Mbps which is good enough for streaming, VOIP, downloading and any other application that you may think of. If you are on the PLDT Fibr offering, it’s important that you change your WiFi password from the default. So, how do you go about doing it?
Steps to Change PLDT Fibr WiFi Password
The following are the steps that you need to take to change the WiFi password on your PLDT Fibr internet router;
- Connect your computer or phone to your PLDT Home Fibr network.
- Open the browser on your computer or phone. Any browser will do for our purposes.
- Type in the I.P. address 192.168.1.1 and click on the “enter” button on your computer.
- In case you receive a security warning on your browser, click on Advanced and select the option to proceed. You are perfectly safe, so there is no need to worry.
- You will now get the PLDT Home Fibr login screen. Type in the default username, which is admin, and the default password, which is 1234.
- This takes you into your PLDT WiFi router’s Dashboard. Here, you will need to change 2 WiFi passwords; one for the 2.4Ghz band and the other for the 5Ghz band.
- To change the 2Ghz band WiFi password for your PLDT router, click on Advanced. Type in your new password in the Passphrase section. You can also change your WiFi name in the SSID Name section.
- Next, you need to change the password for the 5Ghz section. To do so, click on the 5G Advanced tab. Change your WiFi password on the Passphrase section. You can also change your WiFi name on the SSID Name section.
- Save you changes and exit from your router Dashboard.
- Log off your WiFi network and log in using your new password.
How to change your PLDT Home Fibr Router’s Admin Password
The steps given above are for those looking to do PLDT home fibr default wifi password changes. This section is for those looking to change the Admin password for their PLDT Fibr routers. The following are the steps for changing the admin router password for PLDT fibr;
- Connect your computer or phone to your PLDT Fibr router.
- Open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1
- You will be taken to the admin login panel.
- Type in your admin username and password. The default username is admin and the default password is 1234.
- If you have already changed this, type in the new password. If you have forgotten your new password, read the section below on how to reset your WiFi router.
- Once you have logged into the router Dashboard, click on the Management tab.
- Type in your old PLDT WiFi router password.
- Type in your new PLDT router WiFi password
- Confirm your new password
- Click on the Apply button.
List of default usernames, WiFi passwords and I.P Addresses for PLDT routers
If the above username or I.P address does not work for your PLDT Fibr router, you may wish to check through the list below to find the specific details for your router.
|Router Type||I.P Address||Username||Password|
|All try this first||188.8.131.52||admin||1234 or (1234567890)|
|Baudtec, iGateway, Arcadyan, Speedsurf, Zyxel, ZTE, Kasda, Tenda, Prolink, Huawei, Fiberhome, VDSL||184.108.40.206||adminpldt||1234567890 or 0123456789|
|PLDT Ultera Black||192.168.1.15||voip||1234|
|PLDT Ultera White||192.168.1.15||homeultera||homeultera|
Tips on how to change WiFi password PLDT Fibr routers
The following should work for those looking to change the WiFi password on a PLDT router. However, there are some tips that we need to give you here. These tips should help you along the way. Many people encounter issues when trying to change their PLDT fibr routers. It’s probably why you are here. The tips below should help you;
PLDT uses many types of routers. Therefore, settings may be slightly different
First off, there may may be slight difference on how to change WiFi passwords for PLDT Home Fibr depending on the hardware that you have in your home. PLDT uses a wide range of routers, even for the same plans. Some are from Huawei, iGateway, Speedsurf and many other manufacturers. Having said that, generally speaking, the instructions given above will work 90% of the time.
We have tried to give you the basics here. What matters is to get into the backend of your router. From there, you can change your WiFi password PLDT Fibr. Sometimes the password is referred to as the passphrase. Change that and you should be good to go. Below, we take a look at some of the areas where you may encounter some issues.
Use Command Prompt to find the default I.P address for your router
Most of the major WiFi router manufacturers that are out there use 192.168.1.1 as their router I.P. addresses. In all probability, this will work for you. However, in the event that it does not, there is no need to panic. You can easily find the I.P address for your router using Command Prompt. To do so, you need to take the following steps;
- Open Command Prompt on your computer. This can be done by typing cmd in the Windows search area and then opening the Command Prompt icon.
- Type ipconfig into command prompt and press enter.
- The I.P. address for your router will be under Default Gateway.
- Type that into your browser’s address bar to start the process of changing the WiFi password for your PLDT Fibr modem.
Reset your PLDT Home Fibr router if your have forgotten your router password
The first time that you log into your PLDT Fibr router’s Dashboard, you may be prompted to change the router password. You may already have noticed that there are 2 passwords that we are talking about here. First, there is the admin password. That’s for the router. It’s not the WiFi password.
We have already shown you how to change password in PLDT WiFi and how to change the router password on your PLDT router. What sometimes happens is that some people forget their chosen router passwords. They are only concerned about the WiFi passwords, which they use on a daily basis. Router passwords are another matter. You only use them once or twice every year.
So, they are easy to forget. But, what do you do in the event that you have forgotten your PLDT Fibr Home password? How do you proceed? Fact is, without this admin password, you will not be able to change the WiFi password for your PLDT Fibr router.
Fortunately, all is not lost. If you have forgotten your default password, you can still change the WiFi Password for your PLDT fibr router by resetting the router. If you turn your router around, you will see that there is, at the back, a button that’s recessed within the router itself. It can be pressed using a pen or a toothpick. Find something to press on this button and your router will be reset. You will now be able to use the default username and password to log into your router. We have already noted that the default username is admin while the default password is 1234.
How to choose the best WiFi password for your PLDT router
This article is not only on how to change WiFi password PLDT Fibr. Our aim is to make sure that you do so safely. As such, we strongly advise that you change the router password as mentioned above. Note that thieves know what most default router username and passwords are. If you leave yours unchanged, they will be able to login to steal your sensitive information.
Having said that, there are several other password tips that we would like to lay out here. What’s the best password length and what should WiFi passwords be composed of? Well, the following are some of the tips that you need to keep in mind when changing the WiFi password for your PLDT Fibr internet connection;
- Your password must be of a sufficient length. In most instances, 8 characters is agreed to be the minimum secure length for a password.
- Don’t use common names and surnames as passwords. Somebody who knows you could easily hack into your network by guessing your password.
- Don’t use birthdays as part of your password. Again, these are quite easy to hack. Unfortunately, most people get lazy and they don’t bother creating strong passwords.
- Mix upper and lower cases in your PLDT Fibr password to confuse would be hackers.
- Also use symbols in your password to ensure that nobody will be able to guess what you WiFi password is.
- Don’t give away your WiFi password.
Why should you bother changing WiFi password PLDT fibr?
So, why should you even bother learning how to change password in pldt wifi fibr? Well, there are a number of reasons why changing your password is a good idea.
Changing your WiFi password keeps out nosy neighbors
Another reason why you need to know how to change WiFi password PLDT Fibr has to do with the very nature of us as human beings. The moment that you installed WiFi in your home, you probably became the envy of the entire neighborhood. That’s particularly the case if you live in poorer parts of the Philippines.
The next thing that you knew, everyone was coming to knock on your door with some sad story. Perhaps they had recently applied for a job and needed your WiFi password so they could check their mail to see if they had been called to an interview. Perhaps their child needed to do some research for his homework.
Chances are high that you will have given in and will have handed your WiFi password to quite a few people. Now your connection has slowed down significantly or you are now exhausting your bundles within a short space of time. Whatever the case, you will now find that it’s better to change your WiFi password for you PLDT Fibr to keep out these people.
You need to change your PLDT Fibr WiFi password to keep out hackers
Hackers are also another reason why you will what to change your PLDT Fibr WiFi password every now and again. Should they lay their hands on your login details, then you will probably lose more than simple data. So, it’s important to keep yourself secure by periodically changing your password. Also change your PLDT Home Fibre WiFi password if you suspect that someone is snooping in using your connection.
In this article, we showed you how to change WiFi password PLDT Fibr home routers. The process itself is easy. We noted that there are 2 passwords involved; the router password and the WiFi password. You will be prompted to change the PLDT admin password the first time that you try to log into your router dashboard. Make sure that you use passwords that you can remember for both the admin section and for the WiFi section. If you have forgotten your router password, you can reset it using the button at the back of the device.