Do you wish to learn how to activate a Sprint SIM card online? If yes, then you have come to the right place. You are probably here because you have just bought a new phone and you wish to move your number from the old device to the new one. What usually happens is that you will go to Sprint and they will sell you a new SIM for use in the new phone. After getting the new SIM, you can get it activated in-store. That’s the easiest solution. You also have the option to activate your Sprint SIM card on your own. We are going to show you how to do that here. The article is divided into the following sections;
Steps to Activate a Sprint SIM on your phone
The moment you put a new Sprint SIM into a phone, it will take you through the process of activation. To activate a Sprint SIM Card on your phone, you need to take the following steps;
- Put your new SIM into your phone.
- You will get a notice saying your phone needs to be restarted to update the new SIM card. Click on OK.
- Your phone will now be rebooted.
- You will now get a message telling you that the new SIM has not been registered with an account and asking you whether or not you wish to activate it. Click on Yes.
- You have the option to Swap This Device or to Add a New Line.
- Choose Swap This Device if you wish to use your old Sprint number. Choose Add a New Line if you would like to get a new Sprint number.
- Now you will need to enter your Sprint account number and PIN. Click on Sign in when done.
- Next, you can allow Carrier Hub apps to have access.
- Now you need to choose where you wish to get a confirmation code. This can be send to your old device.
- Type in the code when you receive it.
- Next, you will need to choose the phone that you wish to replace.
- Choose the number that you wish to move over to the new SIM.
- Confirm your choice.
- Choose whether or not to protect your phone with Sprint Complete.
- Finally, click on DONE.
- Turn off the old device and wait while the new SIM is being activated. This may take a few minutes.
- You may need to turn off WiFi to complete the process.
- Your new SIM will now be active.
How to Activate a Sprint SIM Card Online
You also have the option to activate your Sprint SIM online. To do so, simply following the instructions given below;
- Go online to the Sprint SIM activation page.
- Next, click on the Get Started button.
- You will need to sign in from a laptop or a computer. The process will not work from a phone.
- Follow all the instructions to activate your Sprint SIM.
SIM Registration Requirements
That’s how to activate a Sprint SIM card. Please note that there are several things that you are going to need to successfully go through the process;
- When doing it on your phone, make sure that your phone is fully charge. There should be no interruptions during the course of the process.
- You should have your phone’s IMEI in hand. This can be found on the box for new phones. You can also recover the IMEI by dialing *#06#. The IMEI will immediately show on your screen.
- To activate a Sprint SIM online, you also need to be the Sprint account owner. Logging in is done through you Sprint credentials.
Which process is the easiest?
In this article on how to activate Sprint SIM card, we gave you three ways through which you can complete the process. First, you can have the SIM activated when you buy it from Sprint. Remember we noted that you will need to buy a new SIM for your new device. And you need a SIM that’s compatible with your device.
So, you will need to go to Sprint to make the purchase. While in there, you can get them to activate the SIM on your new phone. Another option is to do the Sprint SIM activation process online. You will need to log in using your Sprint account details.
Finally, some devices will take you through the process of activation the moment you put in a new SIM. By the way, Sprint is now part of T-Mobile, though it remains to be seen whether or not that will bring any changes for consumers.
Hope this article has shown you how to activate a sprint/t-mobile SIM. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave them below. While here, check out our article on how to activate a T-Mobile SIM. Also check out our article on how to change the WiFi password on a Spectrum router.