Do you wish to learn how to check your DSTV balance either online or using a USSD code for a registered number? One of the things that you will often want to do, if you have a DSTV decoder, is to view your balance. Doing this enables you to plan ahead, particularly when it comes to making your DSTV payments. So, how do you see your DSTV account balance in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Kenya or elsewhere on the continent?
Checking your DSTV Account Balance
The following are the steps to check your DSTV balance online or on a mobile phone via SMS or USSD;
- Dial *120*68584# from your registered mobile number to check your balance. To use the DSTV balance check code, you need to be registered for MyDSTV.
- Once registered, you can also download the MyDSTV Android or iOS app to see your DSTV balance on a phone.
- If you are in South Africa, you can also use the number 060 060 3788 to do a DSTV balance check via WhatsApp.
- To check your DSTV balance online go to the DSTV payment website and sign into your account using your Surname or Mobile Number and your SmartCard Number.
- You will see the amount that’s due for payment as well as the next payment date. You will also see the number of days that are left before the expiry of your DSTV account. So, in the example below, USD 19 is not actually in your balance but it’s what you need to pay for that particular package.
Making your payment
That’s how to see how much money remains in your DSTV account. You can do so online or via USSD code on your mobile phone. The mobile phone option is actually the simplest. You will get an SMS telling you what you DSTV balance is.
Once you have logged into your account, making your DSTV payments is easy enough. You will need to pay the amount for your chosen bouquet, less the money that is already available in your account.
You can also choose to change your package, in which case the money that’s already in your DSTV account will contribute towards your subscriptions.
That’s it! Hope you have found this “DSTV balance check,” article useful. Feel free to leave a comment in the section below if you have something to say. Also check out our article on how to reset your DSTV decoder.