Backdating WordPress Article Publication
Have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to backdate or postpone the publication of an article on a WordPress website? Well, this short article shows you how to go about doing. It also explains some of the reasons why you may wish to do so. So, how do you backdate the publication of a WordPress article?
Backdate the Publication of a WordPress article?
In order to backdate the publication of a WordPress article, all that you need to do is the following;
- Log into the backend of your WordPress website.
- Go to “Add New” and choose “Post.”
- To the right of the page, you will see the “Publish Tab.”
- Click on the “Edit,” button in front of “Publish.”
- Choose the date to which you wish to backdate the article.
- Click on “OK,” when you are done and you should be good to go.
- The only thing that’s left to do is for you to finish writing your article and whey you hit “Publish,” it will show the date that you have chosen as the publication date.
Postpone the Publication of a WordPress Post
The steps that have to be followed here are similar to the ones that are mentioned above. In order to schedule the publication of your WordPress article for a later date, all that you need to do is the following;
- Sign into your WordPress account and create a new post.
- Click on the “Edit,” button in front of the “Publish,” tab, which can be found to the right of your page.
- Choose the date to which you wish to schedule your post.
- Click on OK and you are done. Now “Publish” will be transformed into a “Schedule,” button. Your post will be published on your chosen date.
Why you may wish Postpone or Schedule the publication of your posts
There are a number of reasons why you may wish to backdate the publication of a WordPress article. You may, as an example, wish to stagger publication of the article that you have received from your team of content writers over a given time-frame.
Doing this allows you to have a steady stream of articles, which, you will discover, is a good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy. With Social Media now becoming a useful Marketing tool, you may also find it prudent to schedule the publication of your post to a later date while carrying out your blitz on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.