How to change the WiFi Password on a TP-Link Router
I recently stumbled upon a situation where I needed to reset the password on my TelOne ADSL WiFi router. Like the blogger that I am, I then decided to make an article out of it. I had noticed, while trying to find a solution online, that the question has actually been asked tens of time. However, the answers that are out there are not always clear. Continue reading this article if you need to change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router.
How to change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router: My router
I have a TP-Link WiFi router and, although there are some articles out there that claim to have the answer to how one goes around changing the password on a WiFi router, none actually gave me the answer that I was looking for. I suppose its a matter of there being differences in firmware, even with routers from the same manufacturer. So, how do you change the WiFi Password on a TelOne ADSL router?
- Type the IP Address: 192.168.1.1 into your browser and press the “enter” key on your keyboard
- You will be taken to a page where you are asked to input your username and password
- The default keyword and password are both “admin”
- Press Login and you will now have access to your router’s settings
- Next, click on Interface Setup
- On the page that appears, click on the Wireless option.
- This takes you to the page where you can go about changing you WiFi password.
- On the page, scroll down to WPS Settings
- Under Authentication Type, choose WPA2-PSK
- Immediately under that, you will see Encryption and then Pre-Shared Key
- This is where you enter your desired password. The password must have at least 8 characters
- After typing in your password, scroll down to the bottom of your page and click on the Save button
Changing the administrative password on a TelOne, TP Link WiFi Router
The above steps describe how you can change the WiFi password on a TelOne WiFi router. But, what if you want to change the administrative password on the router itself. If you read step number 3 in the above instructions, you will notice that we mention that both the username and the password on the TP-Link router that you get from TelOne are “admin.” This is the part that we are going to change in this section. In order to change the admin password on a TP-Link router, all that you need to do is the following;
- Type the IP Address: 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Press the “enter” key on your keyboard
- You will be taken to a login page
- Use “admin” for both the default keyword and password.
- Clicking on “Login takes you to the router settings page.
- Click on the “Maintenance” tab.
- This opens up a window where you can change the password on your TelOne TP-Link router from the default “admin”.
- Type in and confirm the new password, and you should be good to go.
Well folk, that’s how you can change the WiFi Password on a TP-Link router. Remember, though, to make sure that all your password are strong. Otherwise your neighbors will think that Christmas has come early…. If you need to learn more TelOne’s ADSL and how it has been performing in recent days, feel free to read this article.