Memory Upgrading Tips
If you have been using computers for any given amount of time, you will have heard that Random Access Memory (RAM), is one of the easiest upgrades that you can make that will boost the performance of your computer. Even if you are a tech novice, the question “Should I upgrade RAM” is one that you are likely to encounter at some point int he future. So, should you upgrade your computer’s Memory? Read on to find out more.
Can you Upgrade Ram
- I have previously written this article, in which I talk more about Random Access Memory. What most people do know is that there are limits to the amount of RAM that their computers can take.
- The question that you should, therefore, ask yourself when thinking about upgrading your PC’s memory is; “How much RAM can my computer take.”
You can use the crucial tool to identify the amount and type of RAM that your computer is capable of supporting. In my case, the tool tells me that my laptop can support 8GB. At the moment, it has 3GB of RAM installed. What this means is that I can upgrade the Random Access Memory that is on my laptop.
For some reason, my computer can only have 8GB of RAM, despite the fact that I am running the 64 bit version of the Windows Operation System. Another thing that you need to know is that 32 bit computers can only support up to 4GB of RAM. If you need more, you will have to get a 64 bit computer. 64 bit computers on Windows 10 can officially take up to 2TB or Memory.
Should I Upgrade RAM on my PC? How Much Ram Do You Really Need?
- I suppose the real answer to the question “Should I upgrade RAM on my PC,” is; how much RAM do you really need?
- As already mentioned, I have 3GB of RAM on my laptop. This has, over the years, proven to be more than enough.
- However, I have recently begun to seriously think about upgrading. I have been noticing some programs hanging here and there, and a memory upgrade could go a long way in eliminating this issue.
I tend to be a light user, but if you are into gaming, you do need to have as much RAM as your computer can take. Otherwise, some of the graphics intensive games that are out there will not be able to run smoothly on your PC.
- However, if you are a light user, it is more than likely that you will be able to get by with at least 4GB of RAM. My advise in this regard is to future proof yourself.
- Computer programs are getting heavier and heavier, and you need to have enough RAM to see off any future needs.
In any case, the answer to the question “Should I upgrade RAM,” is; by any means, if your PC can support the upgrade. I will be making an upgrade of my own in the near future, to 8GB on my laptop. Check this blog to see how that goes. You can also boost your PC’s performance by installing Iolo System Mechanic. Iolo System Mechanic is the best PC optimization utility that can be found out there. Get it on your computer, and you will notice the difference in terms of performance.