Now that your car has arrived in Zimbabwe after the long journey from Japan, you may be wondering about the motor vehicle registration requirements that apply in Zimbabwe. If you are still wondering at what vehicle to buy, check out the stock that’s on Be Forward. You are guaranteed to get whatever it is that you are looking for on the site. Here, in any case, are the Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements in Zimbabwe for those that are looking to register their newly acquired cars;
- The vehicle that you wish to register needs to be physically present. If you are not able to avail the car that you wish to register at the ZIMRA offices, you will have to approach the CVR for payment and registration there.
- You need to have a confirmed receipt that has your name. This needs to have been stamped by the ZIMRA cash office.
- An original CCC.
- An original police clearance. You can get one from Southerton Police Station.
- You are also required to buy insurance and bring a photocopy of the insurance.
- If you are sending someone to register your vehicle on your behalf, you are also required to provide them with an affidavit that authorizes them to do the registration on your behalf. The authorized person also needs to bring forward a copy of their I.D.
- If the vehicle is being registered on behalf of a company, a valid tax clearance and certificate of incorporation also needs to be produced.
- If the car that you are registering is going to be used as public transport, you will also need to produce a Road Operator’s License and presumptive tax payment for red on white plates.
- A tax invoice, which applies in cases where the car was purchased from a motor vehicle dealer, such as Willowvale Mazda, etc.
- If you are an immigrant, you will also need to bring with you your passport.
Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements in Zimbabwe: How long does the process take?
As is the case with everything official, you will actually need to dedicate an entire day to registering your vehicle. As you can see in the Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements in Zimbabwe that we outlined above, you will need to shunt from one office to the other as part of the process. The good thing is that you do not really have a choice in the matter, so you may as well be patient and stick it out.