If you have been writing an eBook on your computer chances are high that you will have been using Microsoft Office Word. When done, there are a number of things that you need to do before uploading your book to the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform. Once those steps have been taken, the next thing that you need to do is save your eBook in the recommended format, which ensures that your eBook appears as professional as is possible. So, how do you save a Word Document for Uploading to KDP?
Saving a Word Document for Uploading to KDP
The Microsoft Office Word Document that you upload to KDP needs to be in the “filtered web page,” format. In order to achieve this, all that you need to do is the following;
- Open the Microsoft Office Word Document that you wish to upload to KDP
- Click on the Office Button to the top left of your document
- Click on “Save As.”
- Next, click on “Save as type,” in the window that appears
- Choose “Web Page, Filtered,”
- Click on the “Save,” button
- You will get a dialog box warning you that saving your document in the Web Page, Filtered format removes Office specific tags.
- Click on the “Yes,” button to save your document
- Your eBook will now change to the chosen format.
Does this delete the Microsoft Office Word Document
The good news is that saving your document using the Web Page, Filtered option does not actually delete the original Microsoft Office word document from your computer. A completely new document is created, and this is what you upload to KDP.