Do you wish to borrow airtime on Vodacom? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Vodacom South Africa has what is referred to as Vodacom Airtime Advance. This service is currently being used by millions of people in South Africa to get airtime advances. You have several options as far as getting airtime on credit on Vodacom is concerned. So, how do you borrow airtime on Vodacom? And what’s the code to borrow airtime from Vodacom?
How to get Vodacom Airtime Credit
To borrow Vodacom South Africa airtime, you need to take the following steps;
- You can borrow airtime from Vodacom using the USSD code *135*082#.
- After dialing this number, follow the onscreen prompts. If you quality, you will be able to get airtime on credit from Vodacom.
- You can also get Vodacom airtime credit through the My Phone menu. To get there, you dial *111# or *135#.
- It’s also possible to borrow Vodacom airtime from the Vodacom website.
- You will get notification via SMS when your account gets credited with airtime from Vodacom.
How much airtime can I borrow on Vodacom?
Vodacom airtime can be borrowed in denominations of R5, R10 and R20. So, the maximum amount of Vodacom Airtime that you can borrow at any given point is R20.
How much am I charged to borrow Vodacom Airtime?
Vodacom does not offer this facility free of charge. Every time that you borrow airtime from Vodacom, you get charged an R1 access fee. It doesn’t matter whether you are borrowing R5 or R20. The access fee is the same. So, if you borrow R10, you will have to repay R11, including the access fee.
What’s the code to borrow airtime from Vodacom?
The code to borrow Vodacom airtime is *135*082#.
Who is the Vodacom Airtime Advance service available to?
The Vodacom Airtime Advance service is available to all Vodacom Prepaid customers. uChoose and Top Up customers can also borrow airtime from Vodacom.
Terms and Conditions
There are some terms and conditions that you are going to have to meet in order to qualify for the Vodacom Airtime Advance service;
- The person borrowing the airtime needs to have been using their Vodacom line for at least 90 days.
- You should have recharged your phone with at least R29 for each of those 3 months.
- uChoose and Top Up customers need to have paid up their accounts for the past month for them to quality for the Vodacom airtime credit facility.
- To continue being eligible to use the Vodacom Airtime Advance service, you need to keep recharging your phone with at least R29 worth of airtime per month.
- Failure to do this disqualifies you from using the service.
- If you are disqualified, you will only be re-eligible after topping up your phone with at least R29 per month for at least 3 months in a row.
How many times can I use the Vodacom Airtime Advance service with repaying previously borrowed airtime?
You can use the Vodacom Airtime Advance service up to 99 times without having to fully repay previously borrowed amounts. After that, you will no longer be able to access the Vodacom Airtime Advance service. You will now need to repay the amount that you owe before being allowed to continue to use the facility.
Can I use borrowed Vodacom airtime for anything?
Yes, you can use the airtime that you borrow from Vodacom for any transaction. It can be used just like any other normal airtime. So, you can buy data, call friends and family and send SMSs using this airtime.
Can I transfer the airtime that I borrow from Vodacom?
We have previously written an article in which we talk about Vodacom airtime transfers. Most people wonder whether the airtime that they borrow can be transferred to other people. The answer is yes. You can transfer the airtime that you get on credit from Vodacom to other Vodacom customers. So, this would work if the person to whom you are transferring the airtime does not qualify to borrow their own airtime.
Can I Borrow Data on Vodacom?
Yes, you can borrow Data on Vodacom. However, this data cannot be transferred to other Vodacom customers. Data advances come in denominations of 10MB costing R3, 25MB costing R6, 70MB costing R11 and 125MB costing R18.
How do I Repay Borrowed Vodacom Airtime?
After borrowing airtime or data from Vodacom, the money will be deducted from your account the next time you recharge your phone. So you will have to take this into account. If you borrow R20, as an example, the next time you recharge your phone with R10, the money will ALL go towards repaying your dept. On top of that, you will still owe Vodacom R11, including the access fee.
How does this facility compare?
We have previously written other articles in which we talk about how to borrow airtime from Telkom. One thing that we can definitely say is that Vodacom is a lot more serious when it comes to repayment terms. In fact, their Terms and Conditions make it sound as if you are borrowing a million dollars from the bank. So, they are a lot stricter. But how these facilities work is almost the same, whatever the network.
How useful is this facility?
The ability to borrow airtime on Vodacom is a lifesaver that’s used by millions of customers every month. It complements other facilities, such as that to send please calls and that to transfer airtime. We always like to say these services are a reflection of what it means to be African. We like to share with friends and family. And we like to stay in touch. So you can rest assured knowing that you never be stranded somewhere without the means to stay in touch.