Google, the world’s biggest search engine, offers a wide range of products, many of which are geared towards helping webmasters get the most for their websites. Google Optimize is one such product. But, what is Google Optimize and how do you go about using it?
What is Google Optimize?
Google Optimize is a product from Google that is designed to help website owners boost conversions on their sites by finding the best ways of optimizing their sites and increasing visitor satisfaction. Google Optimize allows you to do the following;
- Carry out A/B tests on your site
- Carry out multivariate tests
- Carry out redirect tests
- Personalize your page for targeted visitors
Getting started with Google Optimize
To get started with Google Optimize, simply do the following;
- Go to the Google Optimize website
- Click on the “Get Started,” button
- In the next window, choose whether or not you wish to sign up for emails that will enable you to get the most out of Optimize. You can choose to get Tips and recommendations, product announcements, and take part in Market Research.
- Agree to the terms and conditions on the next page.
- In the next page, click on the Let’s Go button to “create your first experience.”
- Give a name for the experience and then paste or type in the URL of the web page that you wish to use.
- You can now begin creating variants of your site for testing.
So, what is Google Optimize? In short, its a tool from Google that allows you to test out various functionalities on your website in order to find out which, among them, achieves the best results. The aim is to come up with the kind of website that best answers whatever it is that your audience is on the hunt for.
Need to test out your site’s speed? Check out our article on how to use PageSpeedInsights, another product from Google.