If you are looking to speed up boot up times in Windows 10, then you have come to the right place. We have compiled the following list of tips that are designed to speed up your computer’s start-up times. So, what can you do to give your Windows 10 PC lightning fast boot times?
- Reduce the number of start-up items
Most people, as soon as they get their computers, go on an applications installing frenzy. That is not really surprising, considering that we all want the best of whatever is out there. Unfortunately, installing too many programs on your computer comes with a cost.
That’s because many of the programs that are on our computers startup whenever Windows is turned on. That’s despite the fact that you many not even be using these programs. Not only does this have the potential to slow down the overall performance of your PC, but it can also severely degrade your computer’s startup performance. Fortunately, there are some things that you can do to reduce the impact that these programs have on your start-up times;
- In Windows 10, right click on your Taskbar and then click on Task Manager
- In the Task Manager, click on Startup
- You will see all the programs that start-up when your Windows computer is booted up. You will also see the impact that each program has on boot times.
- To stop a program from launching at start-up, simply right click on the program and then choose
- Uninstall unwanted programs
There may be programs on your computer that you have never used and that you don’t see yourself ever using. If that is the case, you can completely uninstall them as a way of boosting your Windows’ 10 computer’s startup times.
To uninstall a program on a Windows 10 computer, follow the steps that are outlined in this article. Be careful not to uninstall useful programs. In general, you don’t want to uninstall anything from Microsoft and Intel. If in doubt, use Google to find whether or not a program can be safely uninstalled.
- Enable the fast startup feature
Most people are not actually aware that Windows comes with a fast startup feature. This is designed to help boost your startup times. What happens is that every time your computer shuts down, it gets prepared to be quickly brought back to life. Do the following to enable fast startup in Windows 10;
- Search and click on Power options on your computer. On a laptop, simply click on the battery icon and choose Power Options.
- Click on Choose what Power Buttons do
- Click on Change Settings that are currently available
- Choose Shutdown options
- Make sure that Turn on Fast Startup is enabled.
That’s it. Your computer should now noticeably have faster boot times. Hope this article was helpful. Feel free to leave a comment below.