Buying a used Japanese Vehicle from Musina in South Africa
Used Japanese cars, of course, come from Japan, and if you are in Zimbabwe or from any other African country for that matter, can be purchased online through BeForward. Indeed, most of the cars that are on the roads in several African nations were purchased over the internet from Japan. However, if you have ever had occasion to travel to South Africa through the Beitbridge border post, you will have noticed that there are several Japanese car sales lots on the South African side of the border. So, is it wise to buy an ex-jap at Musina in South Africa?
Buying an ex-jap from Musina
Instead of buying through the internet, you can actually get a used Japanese car from one of these lots at Musina. What happens is that these garages import used cars from Japan, which they then put up for sale to Zimbabweans, Mozambicans and many others. The ex-japs cannot be sold to South Africans, however.
Advantages of purchasing your car from Musina
The following are some of the advantages of buying your exjap from Musina, as opposed to directly from Japan;
- You get to see the vehicle that you are actually buying. This allows you to properly inspect its aesthetic and mechanical qualities. Many people have found that, after buying their vehicles over the online, there are some defects that were not shown on the pictures that were available on the internet. This is rather rare, but it can happen.
- You get to negotiate the price down. Of course, you can also negotiate to have the price reduced even on BeForward. Most people are actually now aware of this fact.
- You don’t have to wait to get your car. It can take up to 6 weeks for you to get your car should you order it online. However, should you decide to buy from Musina, instead, your car will be right there and you will be driving it as soon as you have made your payment.
Disadvantage of buying used Japanese car from Musina
There are, however, several disadvantage to buying a used Japanese car from Musina;
- Your choice is rather restricted to what is in the garage. Believe me, it may be worth waiting six or seven weeks to get exactly the car that you want. Lets assume, as an example, that you wish to buy a fuel saver, such as a Corolla Bubble. What happens is that though you may get such a car, you will be limited in your choice in terms of mileage, color and so on.
- Security concerns, are however, the biggest issue when it comes to buying a car from Musina in South Africa. To be frank, South Africa is a scary place, where armed robberies occur on a daily basis. What you to do not want to do is to fall victim to these criminals, who usually target car buyers.
- What then happens is that you choice will be further limited by the fact that you will not be able to carry out proper window shopping before making your purchase. When it comes to buying a used Japanese vehicle from Musina, the advice is that you should choose only one garage and buy your car from there. Moving from one garage to the other while carrying large amounts of money is asking for trouble.
Should you buy a used Japanese Car from Musina?
The answer to the above question is, yes. By all means, feel free to buy your used Japanese car from Musina. However, take car to ensure that you do not fall prey to the criminals who prey on innocent people in South Africa.