If you have been blogging for some time, a time may come when you begin questioning whether or not your website has incurred some murky Google penalty that’s keeping it down. It usually happens when you realize that in spite of all their efforts, your site is going nowhere. The world out there is pretty cutthroat and blogging is no different. Google penalties are one of the reasons why your site may be failing to achieve it’s breakthrough.
How to check if Google has penalized your site
To check whether or not your site has been penalized by Google, you need to take the following steps;
- Register your site on Google Search Console
- Sign into Search Console
- In Search Console, click on Security and Manual Actions
- Click on Manual Actions.
- Any penalties that your site may have incurred will be displayed here.
Google penalized site checker: Why bother?
Getting a website ranked high on Google can be a rather difficult task. What you don’t want to do is to have all your efforts swept away by Google penalties. If, as already mentioned, you have been doing everything right, yet your site remains ranked low, you may wish to see whether or not you have incurred Google penalties.
What’s Search Console
If you own a website, then Search Console is something that you need to familiarize yourself with. Search Console is a free tool from Google that gives website owners and webmasters the ability to do the following;
- Troubleshoot their websites.
- Monitor the performance of their sites.
- Keep their sites healthy.
- Monitor site crawlability.
- Identify and fix problems with indexing.
- View data on the performance of a website, including how much traffic it is getting.
- Identify the sites that are linking to your site.
- Check to see if your site is mobile friendly.
Is Search Console Important?
There can be no doubting that Search Console is an important tool in every webmaster’s kit. In fact, most people PAY for the things that we just mentioned above. They pay for troubleshooting of their sites and they pay to monitor their performance. There are also paid utilities out there that help you determine your site’s health. The great thing is that you can get all these sought after functions free of charge via Search Console.