Law firms have, over the past few years, found solid ground online, with the result that a large number are now using the internet to effectively market themselves. Creating a website is not enough in this regard. In order to get ahead of the pack, what you need is effective law firm marketing.
Should I hire someone to market my law firm?
Marketing yourself may not be easy for you, in which case you would need to hire a digital marketing agency for this purpose. However, before taking any such decision, you need to get as much information as is possible about law firm marketing. Below are a few tips that will help you get more clients;
- Carry out Effective Social Media Campaigns
You can get the clients for your law firm in two ways. First, clients visit your website, check your services and then contact you. Second, clients see your social media profiles or pages and contact you directly. So, you need to do social media campaigns in two ways:
- Your social media pages should provide sufficient information to the users who want to contact you directly.
- Still, the majority of potential clients like to visit law firm websites to get further details. This is something that you need to keep in mind when doing law firm marketing.
Marketing law firms on social media
So, how can you make law firm marketing effective online?
- The first thing that you need to do is to provide free information and to educate people about the law. You can do this on your website, on YouTube or on Social Media. This type of content marketing is actually a good way through which you can make a positive impression in people. After reading or watching your content, they won’t hesitate to hire your services.
- You also need to provide as much information about your services as is possible. Knowledge is a great thing but when it comes to attracting clients, you also need to tell them what services you are offering. Whatever it is that you specialize in; from divorce to immigration and criminal law, you need to make it clear to your potential clients on your website and on your Social media platforms. There should, therefore, be a perfect combination of knowledge and information about your services.
- The major aspect of social media is to keep on engaging users. For this, you first need to present everything in an effective way. You are required to add a variety of stuff such as written content, images, infographics, videos, PowerPoint presentations, surveys, quizzes and a lot more.
- You also need to be ready to respond to queries from users on social media and on your website. This will have a positive impact not only on them but also on other users who will read the conversations.
- Systematic Law Firm SEO
As mentioned above, a large number of users first like to consult your website. Most of the visitors come to your website via Google search. However, you can only get the required traffic if your website appears at the top of search results on Google. You should, therefore, carry out systematic SEO for the law firm marketing. The following are some of the things that you can do as part of the Search Engine Optimization for law firms drive;
Keyword research is the first step because SEO is very much based on keywords. Keywords are the terms and phrases that people use when they are looking up your law firm online. There are different methods of keyword research.
- Your own intelligence is, without doubt, the first source keywords. You can use your imagination to find out what you would search if you had to look for law services. For example, it is not difficult to come to the conclusion that if someone has to look for law firms in Washington, then the keywords they would use would be “law firms Washington” or “law firms in Washington”. Besides, if somebody has to look for the specific services like divorce lawyers, then their keywords can be “divorce lawyers in Washington” or “divorce lawyers Washington”. But, of course, these keywords are likely to be used by a number of law firms, which makes them competitive. So, you may need some other keywords with fewer competitors.
- You can also use tools to carry out keyword planning for your law firm. Such tools are available online. Google itself offers Google Keyword Planner.
- Third, there is a very simple way of carrying out keyword research, and it is through the suggestions that appear on Google search. When you enter some words in Google search, it provides you with suggestions. People would have used these terms while searching for legal information online.
Backlinks on other websites increase the visibility of your site to Search Engines. In order to acquire backlinks, you need to have a great content on your website.
Adding Meta Descriptions:
Meta descriptions are added in the coding part of the page. They summarize the content of a page, and have indirect benefits in regard to Google search results.
Building Great Content:
Content plays a major role in the SEO process, which will be discussed in detail further.
- Local SEO
In the case of law firm marketing, local SEO plays an important role in drawing clients. A large number of potential clients like to search for lawyers or law firms in nearby locations. That is why local SEO plays an important role in law firm marketing. What you should do is make sure that your location is added to Google so that your website can begin appearing in Maps and other Google products. Your site will then appear on top of search results when someone nearby makes a relevant query.
Videos can be posted on different social media websites, but the most popular is YouTube. On YouTube, you can post a lot of stuff related to your law firm, which is very useful in law firm marketing. Documentaries, presentations and video lectures are some of the popular types of videos that can be posted to YouTube.
Moreover, there is also an option of live video on YouTube as well as some other social media websites such as Facebook and Instagram. This feature has proved to be very useful for the businesses. You can also communicate directly with people through video.