I recently got notification from AdSense telling me that earnings on my site were at risk due to the fact that I had not added ads.txt to my website. We all know that AdSense earnings tend to be meager, unless of course if you attract tens of thousands of readers every day. However, that is beside the point. Here, in any case, is how to add ads.txt to a WordPress website.
- Open Notepad on your computer
- Paste the following;
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
pub-0000000000000000with your publisher ID. If you don’t know how to view you AdSense Publisher ID, here is how you do it.
- Save the file as ads.txt.
- Now you need to place the the txt file in the root directory of your website.
- In WordPress, this you can do this by signing into your web hosting backend.
- In cPanel, click on File Manager.
- Place the ads.txt in the public_html folder.
That’s it. That’s how to add ads.txt to a WordPress website. Note that you can also do this using a plugin. However, that’s really unnecessary, considering that ads.txt can be added to WordPress websites quickly and easily.