Chitika is the best AdSense Alternative
Okay. This article is intended to be short and to the point; but not so short that Yoast, the SEO plugin that I am using on my blog, will warn me that the piece does not meet Search Engine Optimization standards. I have previously written an article about Chitika, in which I mentioned that it is the best Google AdSense alternative that can be found anywhere out there. In this article, I will give you a step by step guide that will show you how you go about setting up Chitika Ads on your site. Okay; to the point!
1. Sign Up With Chitika
The first thing that you need to do in order to get Chitika Ads on your site is sign up for an account. To get started, click on the following banner;
Doing so takes you to the Chitika website. I am not going to handhold you through the process of signing up for an account.
- If you have a blog or a website, the assumption is that you can find the right places on which to input your name, email and anything else that is needed.
- Needless to say here that its very easy to sign up for a Chitika account. In fact, you can do so in less than 30 seconds!
2. Your Dashboard
After signing up and confirming you email address, the next thing that you need to do is log into your account. Again, no hand-holding here.
- I am not going to tell you what to write and which button to click in order to log into your account.
- Logging in takes you into your Dashboard, which, as it happens, is right where you need to be in order to get the code that you will use to display advertisements on your site.
- If you need a screenshot, its the one that’s in the featured image at the beginning of this article.
3. Get Your Code
In order to get your code, all that’s needed is for you to click on the big blue button on which “Get Code” is written. Its glaring, and you cant possibly miss it.
As you can see in the above screenshot, there are instructions at the top on how you go about publishing the code on your site. Network Bees was designed using WordPress, so, those are the instructions that would have applied to me, had I not already known what I was doing.
4. Create a WordPress Widget
If you would like to know how you are going to publish the ads on your none WordPress site, please don’t be shy to click on the link that applies to your site in the above screenshot. In any case, to get Chitika on my WordPress blog, all that I needed to do was copy the ad code into a text widget in the Widgets area of my site’s backend. Okay, a bit of hand-holding, after all;
- Log into your WordPress Website’s backend (I hope that doesn’t sound corny. “Backend”).
- To the left of your Dashboard, look for “Appearance.”
- Rest your mouse’s pointer on it and several options will appear, including Widgets.
- Click on that and enter the Widgets area
- Create a new text widget and place it where you wish your ads to appear
- Paste in the Chitika ads code and you are done.
I did discover, on my first try, that the recommended ads size of 550*220 was too big for my sidebar. I had, to, therefore, go back and choose an appropriate size, which I placed on my site’s Header Ads Widget areas. See the screenshot that’s below to get a sense of what I am talking about.
That’s it folks. You can see Chitika Ads being displayed on my site in the above screenshot. Should you wish to get this amazing ads network on your site, (perhaps you have been banned from AdSense, despite the fact that its still the best ad network in the world), feel free to click on the banner that’s below to get started.