This short write-up shows you how you can disable startup programs in Windows 10. You may find it necessary to prevent programs from starting up automatically in Windows 10 if you notice your computer beginning to slow down. In order to improve on your boot times by preventing programs from being launched automatically when you turn on your PC, all that you need to do is the following;
- Right click on the task bar on your computer.
- Choose Task Manager from the list that appears.
- In Task Manager, click on the Startup tab
- Here, you can see all the programs that are set to automatically start when you turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Each Program’s status is listed under the appropriate tab.
- Also listed is the startup impact for each program. Some programs have virtually no startup impact, while, for other, the startup impact is high.
- To stop a program from being launched when your computer is turned on, simply right click on the program and choose “Disabled.”
Tips on Increasing a Computer’s Performance.
That’s it. When you disable startup programs on a computer, you will more than likely notice some improvement in it’s startup speed. There are many other ways through which you can boost your start up speeds, including by moving over to SSD storage.
Steer Clear of Unnecessary Programs
You can also keep your computer unencumbered by avoiding the installation of unnecessary programs. More often that not, its these programs, which come attached to Freeware and other programs, that are guilty of slowing down computers.
Another way of boosting your computer’s speed is by adding RAM. Random Access Memory is a topic that we have covered extensively on this blog. Feel free to read any of our articles to find out more on how Random Access Memory impacts on a computer’s performance. You should also keep your computer updated as a way of improving both performance and security.