Chitika now Issuing out Payments through Payoneer
Chitika abandons PayPal: It has finally happened!
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an article in which I speculated that Chitika, one of the best Google AdSense alternatives that can be found out there, would soon start making payouts to publishers using Payoneer. That article, which, I have to admit, was rather speculative, was followed by another, as Chitika continued to show, in its Payment Settings, a notice to the effect that it was changing its payments partner.Chitika abandons PayPal: Is it true?
Chitika Abandons PayPal: I was right
- Although my piece was based on wishful thinking; PayPal is not available in my country, which makes it difficult for freelancers to carry out online work; it has, as it turns out, turned out to be true.
- Chitika has, apparently, abandoned PayPal and will, henceforth, be paying publishers using Payoneer!
This is great news for those who do not have access to PayPal. Finally, here is an AdSense alternative that’s not only great, but that also offers a payment method which is universally accepted across the world.
What it Means for PayPal Users
- The news that Chitika has adopted Payoneer will, of course, not be welcome for everyone.
- I imagine that Chitika has thousands of customers who have been using PayPal on the platform all along.
- At this juncture, it is not clear whether or not the move will affect this group of people. I have send out questions to the folks at Chitika and will inform you as soon as I get an answer.
- However, from the information that’s available at the moment, PayPal appears to be out. Chitika does offer wire payouts to people whose accounts are large enough.
Signing up for Payoneer
In any case, its easy enough for anyone to sign up for a Payoneer account. The great thing is that you will have your account up and running in no time. In order to sign up, all that you need to do is click on the banner above.
- Chitika will release your payment when your account reaches $50. This is a bit too much for Payoneer; I receive amounts that are as low as 60 cents for the books that I have available on Amazon’s KDP program.
- However, $50 should be an easy enough threshold to reach for most people.
Payoneer provides you with a MasterCard card that, as I have already mentioned, works in any part of the world. I got mine less than 2 weeks after signing up and have been using it for years. In any case, I will keep you updated should any new developments crop up. Meanwhile, you can sign up for either Chitika or Payoneer by clicking on the above banners.