If you are looking to change the screen resolution on your Windows 10 computer, then you have come to the right place. Most of the time, you computer or laptop will come with the appropriate resolution already set. However, changing the resolution on your computer may become necessary should you acquire a new monitor or should you wish to use external displays on your PC. So, how do you change the screen resolution on your Windows 10 computer?
Changing screen resolution in Windows 10 PC
To change the resolution on a Windows 10 PC, all that you need to do is the following;
- Right click on your PC’s Desktop and choose “Display Settings.”
- You will see the current screen resolution under “Resolution.”
- Choose to resolution that you wish to have on your monitor.
- You will notice that the moment that you choose a new resolution, you will momentarily have a blank screen on your computer as the changes are effected. Once that is done, you will be asked whether or not you wish to keep the changes.
- If you are satisfied with the changes, you can choose “Keep Changes,” to change the resolution on your Windows 10 PC.
Why change the resolution on your computer?
If you are having problems viewing objects on your computer, then you may wish to change the resolution to solve this issue. It is also possible that you will wish to change the resolution on your Windows 10 computer should the icons on your desktop appear too small.
You may also wish to change the resolution on your Windows 10 computer if, as already mentioned, you have purchased a new monitor which is not compatible with the previous display settings. The good news about this is that you can make as many tweaks as possible without breaking anything on your computer, so don’t be afraid to experiment with the available resolutions.