You are probably here because you have created a hosted network in a bid to turn your computer into a Wireless hotspot. Yet, though your phone and tablet are connected to your newly created network, they do not have internet access. And when you move your cursor to the internet icon to the bottom right of your screen on your Taskbar, you see that the network that you have created does not have internet access. The problem, in any case, may be that you have not shared your Ethernet connection with the newly created hotspot. But how do you share an internet connection in Windows 10?
Share a connection in Windows 10
To share an internet connection in Windows 10, all that you need to do is the following;
- Search for an open Network & Internet settings
- Click on WiFi
- Open Change adapter settings
- Right click on the connection whose internet you wish to share with other connections. In this case, that would be your Ethernet connection.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on “Sharing.”
- Make sure “Share this connection with….” is selected.
- Choose your hostednetwork from the drop down menu.
- Click on OK.
What does sharing an internet connection do?
Now that you have shared the internet with your newly created hosted network, you should be able get on the net using your phones and other devices.
The advantages of doing this are many. At a time when seemingly everyone is obsessed with making data savings, connecting your mobile devices to an unlimited internet network allows you to remain within your budget, as far as your data is concerned. It may also allow you to move to a more affordable data plan.