If you have a Kindle that you have been using to read eBooks, you will know that Amazon requires that every Kindle device be registered before it can be used. Registration is a simple matter of signing in using your Amazon login details and you are good to do. However, a time may come when you need to deregister your Kindle device, such as the Kindle Paperwhite or the Kindle application on your PC. Here is how to deregister a Kindle Device;
Deregistering the Kindle Paperwhite
To deregister the Kindle Paperwhite, all that you need to do is the following;
- Click on the Settings button on the device that you wish to deregister
- Click on “All Settings.”
- Click on “Your Account.”
- Click on Deregister Device.
You will get a notification needing you to confirm that you really wish to deregister the Kindle Paperwhite
Your Kindle will be deregistered from your Amazon account, some features will not work, and some settings may be saved. After deregistering, you can register your Kindle to another Amazon Account. Are you sure you want to deregister?
Why you may wish to deregister your device
There are a couple of reasons why you may wish to deregister your Kindle device;
- You have been encountering problems with the device and wish to start afresh. Deregistering has, as an example, been known to be the solution to Kindles that constantly restart themselves.
- You wish to sell your Kindle.
- You wish to re-register the kindle device using another account.
- You are writing an article on how to deregister a Kindle device.
Deregistering the Kindle Android App
The process for deregistering the Kindle Android and PC apps is almost the same. All that you need is;
- Open the Kindle application
- In the Home screen, click on More, at the bottom
- Then click on “Settings.”
- Next, choose Deregister this device.
You will get a notification that you are signing out from your Amazon account, which will delete all the content that you have downloaded onto your device. That’s it. That’s how you deregister a Kindle device.