Should I buy a Kindle Paperwhite with ads?
One of the decisions that you will likely agonize over when it comes to buying a Kindle Paperwhite is whether or not to buy one that comes with ads or one that does not. The difference between the two in monetary terms stands at around $20. This may seem small, but actually ads up, particularly for international buyers. So, what does a it mean to buy a Kindle Paperwhite with ads?
- You get ads shown in your home screen. The good thing is that this type of ad is not that intrusive. In fact, I hardly ever notice ads on my Kindle Paperwhite’s home screen. They are assigned a narrow strip at the bottom of your screen and mainly show recommendations that are based on your reading patterns.
- Ads get shown on your Kindle Paperwhite’s screen in sleep mode. Again, these are in the form of book recommendations. The thing to remember is that an e-ink reader’s screen will always show something on your screen in sleep mode. You can force the device to turn completely off, but that is hardly worth the effort. If you have the Kindle Paperwhite that does not have ads, patterns will be shown on the screen instead. The good thing about the ads, however, is that they are static, meaning the ad that’s on your screen will not change till you exit and enter sleep mode again. They also consume zero battery power.
- Ads on a Kindle Paperwhite can be removed. All that you need to do is go into your account and you can pay $20 to have the ads removed from your device.
- You only get shown Amazon Ads. This is another bit of good news should you decide to buy a Kindle Paperwhite with ads. The ads that you see on your device are only from Amazon and they relate to your interests in terms of books. So, you don’t have to worry about getting ads from someone else.
- The ads are relevant, as just stated. They can actually be a useful way through which you can get hold of related books.
So, to the question of whether or not to buy the Kindle Paperwhite that comes with ads, the answer is; go for it. You will hardly ever notice the ads in any case.