A live website without any visitors is like a radio broadcast with no audience. To avoid turning your site into a ghost town, it’s time to brush up on your SEO knowledge. The amazing infographic below shows gives you 55 Seo Tricks for Business Websites. The tips are particularly pertinent for small business owners, who may be finding it hard to compete with the big guns as far as online visibility is concerned. Jump to infographic explanation.
55 SEO Tricks for Business Websites Infographic
Its worth investing in SEO
Search Engine Optimization can sound like some fancy buzzword only big brands should pursue, but the truth is, even small businesses can gain a lot from SEO. Prior to purchasing something, 89% of consumers do an online search.
According to 61% of CMOs, SEO is an effective marketing channel. Despite this, not many small businesses invested in SEO when they should. In fact, only 17% of small businesses are investing their money in it.
Get on the Google Bandwagon
If you’re looking to increase traffic and generate leads, the best way to go is with Google, for a reasons;
- Google is the biggest search engine with 81% of global desktop search traffic. They also get 100 billion searches in a month. Besides, Google’s user base is growing at an impressive rate with at least 2.2 billion.
- Algorithm updates are a usual thing for Google and is something you should keep an eye on. Minor updates occur 500-600 times a year whereas major updates are less frequent (9 times between 2011-2017). Although these updates may often go unnoticed, the smallest changes can make the biggest difference.
- The latest Panda update (which focused on low quality content sites) resulted in 12% of searches being affected because sites with high advertising to content ratio were removed from Google’s top searches.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service that gathers user data, behavior and statistics. Over the years,it has gained a large following with a little over 30 million users and an impressive client list (comprised of Airbnb, National Geographic and Domino’s) who saw increase in ROI, engagement, and revenue.
How to Increase Traffic and Generate Leads with SEO
Other than taking note of Google’s constant algorithm updates and checking Google Analytics, here are some other factors to consider to improve your site’s SERPs performance in the long run;
- Prioritize page speed and make sure your site’s speed is up to par. When visitors come across a page that takes more than 2 seconds to load, they will leave that very second. Besides, pagespeed is one of the ranking factors for SERP. You can check out your site’s loading speed using Google’s Pagespeed Insights.
- Check if your website is optimized for mobile use. The amount of mobile users is continuously growing and is predicted to reach 5 billion in 2019.About 94% of mobile/search traffic comes from Google alone which shows that mobile users prefer Google over other search engines. When a page doesn’t load properly on their devices, about 46% consumers won’t return.
- Invest more time and effort into content creation. Although 48% of marketers agree that it is one of the most difficult marketing methods, it’s actually very effective for online businesses. If you’re looking to appear on the first page of Google search results, consider crafting longer content (more than 1,000 words). Content with over 1,000 words has a higher chance of appearing on the first page result and consistently receives more shares.
About the Author
Andre Oentoro is a co-founder at Milkwhale. The company is a well know infographic production agency. He helps businesses boost their bottom lines through greater visibility on the internet using visual data and outreach campaigns. Check out his latest guide on Viral Infographics and get more information about how you can get the most out of the traffic that your website generates. If you enjoyed his infographic on Seo Tricks for Business Websites, feel free to leave a comment below.