Change SSID on a TelOne TP-Link WiFi Router
One of my neighbors recently renamed his WiFi “Get your own WiFi.” I get several laughs each day while trying to crack his password. An impossible task, as it is. Already, I have tried out the names of his dog and his pet rooster without success. In any case, the whole affair has inspired me into writing this article, which shows you how to change your WiFi network’s name on a TelOne, TP-Link ADSL Router.
How to rename your WiFi on a TP Link Router
One of the most popular articles on this blog gives detailed, step by step instructions on changing the WiFi password on a TelOne ADSL router. In order to rename your WiFi network on a TP-Link Router, all that you need to do is the following;
- In your browser’s address bar, type in the IP address; 192.168.1.1
- This takes you to the login page for your TP-Link Router.
- Type in your username and password. By default, both the username and password on a TP-Link WiFi router are “admin”.
- In the TP Link dashboard, click on Interface Setup.
- In Interface Setup, click on Wireless.
- Scroll down to SSID under WPS Settings. Here you will see the current name for your TelOne ADSL WiFi network.
- To rename the SSID on a TelOne ADSL router, simply type in the new SSID.
- I am going to call my renamed WiFi network; “now I have got my own WiFi.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the save button.
That it! As you can see, the process of renaming the SSID on a TP-Link Router is quite simple. This should enable you to easily change your WiFi network’s name. Afterwards, you will have to relog into your renamed WiFi network in order to get internet access. Now, to get back to my perennial problem; what is my neighbor’s wife’s middle name….?